Millbrook’s outstanding Class of 2017

Smiling together representing their school, Millbrook’s Class of 2017 Outstanding Seniors are just that, outstanding. Our Outstanding Seniors for this year were chosen before students left for winter break.

M. Day

Jessica Urbanski, Editor-In-Chief

As the first semester came to a close, special announcements came to light. The last week before students left for winter break, a list of Outstanding Seniors as well as the Class of 2017’s class flower, motto, and song, were released. The senior class voted on these three topics earlier in the school year, and recently, a decision was finalized. The Class of 2017’s class flower is the Peony, the motto is “Once a Wildcat, Always a Wildcat” from High School Musical, and the class song is “I Lived” by One Republic.

Outstanding Seniors are students that are exceptionally smart, outgoing leaders in the Millbrook community, and they have shown a passion during their years at our school. On this list, there are 15 students who show all of these qualities and much more. Congratulations to David Flowers, Alex LaRocca, Amy Grace Williams, August Majtenyi, Chidi Ilobachie, Darren Murphy, Jasmine Marshall, Jessica Tomlinson, Jordin Williams, Kai Crutchfield, Larry Rountree III, Michael Pasca, Tosin Adeoti, Sydney Hewitt, and Thomas Armstrong for being our Class of 2017 Outstanding Seniors. It is not easy to narrow down a class of over 500 amazing seniors into a list of 15. What sets these students apart from the mix is their dedication to the Millbrook community and their lives outside of school as well.

10 out of the 15 Outstanding Seniors have been an athlete at Millbrook in their 4 years. Larry Rountree III, Amy Grace Williams, Jasmine Marshall, August Majtenyi, Michael Pasca, Alexandra LaRocca, Jessica Tomlinson, Chidi Iloabachie, Kai Crutchfield, Darren Murphy, and Tosin Adeoti are all Outstanding Seniors, Millbrook athletes, and most of all, teammates. This group has participated in sports such as JV and Varsity Football, JV Volleyball, JV and Varsity Cheer, JV and Varsity Soccer, Winter Track, the Millbrook Dive team, Cross Country, the Millbrook Swim team, JV and Varsity Basketball, and Varsity Lacrosse. Tosin Adeoti, Michael Pasca, August Majtenyi, David Flowers, Alex LaRocca, and Jordin Williams have gone above and beyond the athletics program and become Maniac leaders for likely every sport at Millbrook. Tosin said, “Millbrook is a judgement free school where anyone can be themselves and be a Maniac.”

Outside of athletics, many of the Outstanding Seniors have been involved with MEB, NHS, Student Council, DECA, Millbrook’s Choral Program, the IB Diploma Programme, and Millbrook’s Theatre Program. Every one of the Outstanding Seniors is undeniably involved around the school. To most of these seniors, Millbrook can be called their second home. Alex LaRocca said, “To me, Millbrook is home. I have become so involved with this school that I would not be able to describe myself without it.” Over the past four years, Millbrook has cultivated an amazing group of seniors, and these 15 Outstanding Seniors are just a small example of the excellence Millbrook creates.

Over the past four years, the Class of 2017 has made waves at Millbrook, and this group of  15 Outstanding Seniors is just a small portion of the talent and dedication Millbrook students have to offer. Congratulations, Wildcats!