Student Spotlight

Arianna Rosario

Posing with teammates, Arianna (number 8) throws up the “M” sign to show the love and support she has for her school. This is just one of many ways the team shows their school spirit.

Provided by: A Rosario

Izzy Morgan, Staff Reporter

From playing two sports, to leading student council meetings, and being involved in five clubs, sophomore Arianna Rosario is involved in numerous aspects of Millbrook.   

Going into her freshman year at Millbrook, Arianna only knew one other person, her brother. She decided to run for freshman class president because she felt that it was a great way to meet and interact with the student body. After campaigning for the position, Arianna won the election. This position is very time consuming and a big commitment that many students do not have the ability to take on. Arianna has now served as president both her freshman and sophomore years and is running for president her junior year. Her responsibilities include planning all class council meetings and running them, coming up with new ideas for class council and following through with them, and  helping with events that go on at Millbrook, such as movie night and prom. When asked what her favorite part about class council was, Arianna responded, “I love seeing our success after finishing a project.”   

Along with student government, Arianna has played volleyball for Millbrook since her freshman year. Arianna began playing volleyball in sixth grade because her middle school, Trinity Academy, required it. Now, Arianna is on the varsity team. Her favorite part about volleyball is the importance of teamwork needed to win a game. In volleyball, the ball must be hit three times or less on one side which requires multiple players being involved in one play. Arianna only has a one week break between her volleyball and swim team seasons at Millbrook. Arianna has also played club volleyball for three years. Playing club volleyball year-round is a big commitment that takes up many weekends for tournaments. Arianna has travelled to Florida, Georgia. Washington, D.C., Pennsylvania, and other states for volleyball tournaments.  

Arianna is also a part of four other clubs at Millbrook aside from SGA. She is in Key Club, Knitting Club, Latin Club, and serves as the treasurer of the National Achievers Society. NAS recognizes achievement among African American youth and other youth of color.  

With what little free time Arianna has, she enjoys spending it by volunteering. One organization that she volunteers with is Y Guides. Y Guides encompasses Adventure Guides and Princesses for kids in elementary school. She serves on the LBC council, which is for kids who have aged out of Y guides. On this council she enjoys volunteering at the Y Guides camps. Arianna is a student who has reached all quarters of Millbrook.