Margaux Hunter

Margaux Hunter, Section Editor

Hey Cat Talk  reader! My name is Margaux Hunter, and this is my third year on the newspaper staff. I am a senior here at Millbrook High School. I think I am a fun and energetic person who you have probably seen at Chick-Fil-A at least twice this week. I enjoy writing, especially conspiracy theories, and I hope that my articles are actually being read!

All content by Margaux Hunter
Performing at a concert, Khalid sings in front of the crowd. Khalid has created countless hit songs and was named one of the most influential people of 2019; his authenticity is something that he is respected for.

Recognizing Khalid for his birthday

Margaux Hunter, Features Editor
February 12, 2020
Censoring his mouth, junior Michael Stone drops the f-bomb. Swear words only have power because we try to keep them out of polite conversations, but cursing can have many benefits such as relieving stress and building trust with others.

Is cursing good for you?

Margaux Hunter, Features Editor
December 18, 2019
Exhaling a cloud of water vapor, a man demonstrates using an e-cigarette for recreation. Although the use of vapes is marketed as a way to quit smoking, the flavors of nicotine juice have drawn the attention of young people, some of whom are now experiencing health issues from the chemicals in said juice.

The vaping crisis worsens

Margaux Hunter, Features Editor
November 18, 2019
Decorated for Ramadan, the streets of Jerusalem shine into the night. Ramadan is one of the biggest celebrations within the Islamic faith, and it started at sundown last night!

Celebrating Ramadan

Margaux Hunter, Editorials Editor
May 6, 2019
Rehearsing for their roles in Willy Wonka, members of Millbrook theater dance around the stage. Millbrook’s rendition of Willy Wonka, a classic

Willy Wonka comes to Millbrook!

Margaux Hunter, Editorials Editor
March 20, 2019
Holding her poster with a pun, Jenna Cirillo asked her boyfriend Alex Santiago to Winterbash. Today is Valentine’s Day, which is your last chance to romantically ask someone out to the dance!

Your last chance to cuff this season!

Margaux Hunter, Editorials Editor
February 14, 2019
Walking across the stage (name) greets Principal Mrs. King with a smile and a handshake. The National Achievers Society works to acknowledge the academic success of minorities.

NAS at MHS: what is it?

Margaux Hunter, Editorials Editor
December 19, 2018
Posing with solemn looks, two former presidents are optimistic about beginning to run their country, but are killed before they can fully carry out their wishes. Although they lived and died one hundred years apart, there are some interesting parallels between the two men’s lives and deaths.

One hundred years apart, but so similar

Margaux Hunter, Editorials Editor
November 22, 2018
Stan Lee died on November 12 at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. Lee is a creator of Marvel comic-books and is known for the creation of many iconic superheroes that are still loved today.

Stan Lee dies at age 95

Margaux Hunter, Editorials Editor
November 12, 2018
  Used as the cover for his single, “Look at Me!”, Jahseh Onfroy poses for his mugshot. Onfroy was shot and killed in June of 2018, but some people believe that he is not actually dead.

The Real Deal: Is X really dead?

Margaux Hunter, Editorials Editor
October 29, 2018
The cover of The Book Thief shows that, like dominoes, one event can lead to a chain of events that are all connected to each other. The language and how the book is written, with huge social and political change going on in the background, gives readers a very different perspective of causation.

Unravel the Pages

Margaux Hunter, Editorials Editor
October 12, 2018
Being sworn into the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit in June, 2006, Brett Kavanugh is pictured with former president George Bush. Kavanaugh has recently become the center of attention, when sexual allegations arose surrounding him by three women.

Kavanaugh accused of sexual misconduct

Margaux Hunter, Editorials Editor
October 1, 2018
Dribbling the basketball, Michael Jordan is intently focused on winning the game at hand. Michael Jordan did not make it onto his high school basketball varsity team, but worked hard to reach his goals, and as a result,  he has become one of the most well-known athletes of all time, proving how important hard work is, regardless of talent.

Sound Opinions

Margaux Hunter, Staff Reporter
May 22, 2018
Frolicking in the sprinkler, a young Margaux Hunter wears her goggles like sunglasses. The best way to beat the heat is to mess around in the sprinkler, because no one will judge you, for they are too busy being jealous.

Ways to beat the summer heat

Margaux Hunter, Staff Reporter
May 22, 2018
Smiling into the distance with her signature pearls visible, Barbara Bush is seen as “everyone’s grandmother.” Mrs. Bush passed away on Tuesday, April 17.

Barbara Bush dies at age 92

Margaux Hunter, Staff Reporter
Showing off his cash, sophomore Gray Doby has more than enough money to buy a Cookout tray, but not enough to go out to dinner with his friends at The Angus Barn. This young man demonstrates the balance between not having enough money, and having too much, which is the equation for being the happiest one could be.

Sound Opinions

Margaux Hunter, Staff Reporter
March 16, 2018
Cutting the cord on cable and switching to streaming devices has become increasingly popular among Americans. Many of these people are looking for a cheaper alternative to watching their favorite TV shows and movies.

Cutting the cord on cable

Margaux Hunter, Staff Reporter
February 17, 2018
Floating in between death and the next life, a man is seen being taken towards the light, a common phrase used to describe the mental process of dying. The man is moving from his earthly body to the next life.

Is there life after death?

Margaux Hunter, Staff Reporter
February 3, 2018
Spreading misinformation, these gentlemen are running around town giving out newspapers that contain one-sided stories. This cartoon depicts exaggerated bias and how people cannot wait to spread their opinions.

The news is spinning out of control

Margaux Hunter, Staff Reporter
January 10, 2018
Waiting in extremely long lines, Black Friday shoppers brave the mall to get some good deals. Super Saturday’s shopper turnout is expected to be similar to that of Black Friday this year.

Super Saturday is your last chance!

Margaux Hunter, Staff Reporter
December 22, 2017
Shining in the Sun’s light, the Red Planet is seen from the perspective of a distant satellite. The question of colonizing another planet has long been a curious subject of interest to many, and now may be the time that it is not just a theory.

Is it possible to colonize Mars?

Margaux Hunter, Staff Reporter
October 20, 2017
Playing his guitar, musician Tom Petty is able to wow his audience with hits like American Girl. Petty recently passed away on October 2 after suffering from cardiac arrest.

Tom Petty dies at age sixty-six

Margaux Hunter, Staff Reporter
October 3, 2017
Load More Stories