Taylor Jones

Taylor Jones, Section Editor

Hey y'all! My name is Taylor, and I am senior. This is my third year on the Cat Talk staff. I play volleyball here at Millbrook, and I am at the beach pretty much 24/7, whenever I can just pack the car and go! I spend more time at the beach than I do anywhere else. You can always catch me out in the sun either swimming, paddle boarding, on the boat doing anything and everything. I am a huge Clemson Tigers fan, and my favorite time of the year is football season. Thanks for reading, and I hope you learned a little bit about me. Have a great year!!!

All content by Taylor Jones
Working out on treadmills, these women hope to burn off calories and improve their ways of life through the gym. Losing weight and keeping a healthy bodily figure is a popular New Year’s resolution made by most adults.

How effective are New Year’s resolutions?

Taylor Jones, Editorials Editor
December 18, 2019
Playing on their phones, Millbrook freshman Hannah Rose Morrow, Mary Katherine Boone, among many others catch up on social media during their lunchtime. As much fun as phones are, they can also be blocking teens from doing schoolwork, chores, and interacting with others, therefore lowering their overall work ethic and motivation for everyday tasks.

Why teens are becoming less motivated

Taylor Jones, Editorials Editor
November 4, 2019
Performing one of her hit songs, pop star Taylor Swift continues her tour. Rumors continue to circle about Taylor Swift’s possible engagement to English actor Joe Alwyn as their relationship gains more attention.

Gossip Girl

Taylor Jones, Entertainment Editor
May 22, 2019
Fighting to survive, this sea turtle swims through the ocean. The Sea Turtle is among the countless species listed on the endangered species list, but with the help of plastic pollution elimination and education to many, we can help save the sea turtles along with many other kinds of animals.

Raising Awareness of Endangered Species

Taylor Jones, Entertainment Editor
May 22, 2019
Breaking the latest entertainment news headlines, the Jonas Brothers excite their fans with a reunion after over five years of them breaking up. On Friday, March 1 the trio released “Sucker” and then later the next week they took over James Corden’s Late Late Show further advertising their new song.

Gossip Girl

Taylor Jones, Entertainment Editor
March 20, 2019
Symbolizing the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ, these crosses reach the hearts of many Christians during the Easter season. The date of Easter is different every year as it is based on the Jewish Passover and the vernal equinox.

Why Easter is Late This Year

Taylor Jones, Entertainment Editor
March 19, 2019

Black History Month FYI: Whitney Houston

Taylor Jones, Entertainment Editor
February 4, 2019
Waving to the hundreds of thousands of people who marched with him, Martin Luther King, Jr. finishes up his famous “I Have A Dream” speech in Washington, D.C. King was a profound leader during the Civil Rights Era, demanding equal rights to African Americans as those given to whites.

Remembering the infamous MLK

Taylor Jones, Entertainment Editor
January 21, 2019
Storming the field, the Alabama Crimson Tide sets out to destroy yet another one of their opponents. The Crimson Tide will compete in the SEC Championship against Georgia, in a so-called rematch game to fight for a spot in this years College Football Semifinals.

Looking into the college football playoffs

Taylor Jones, Entertainment Editor
December 19, 2018
Breaking the latest entertainment news headlines, these stars are causing fans to erupt in excitement. The end months of 2018 and the beginning ones of 2019 is full of new music as artists like Brett Young and Migos will release new albums.

Gossip Girl

Taylor Jones, Entertainment Article
December 19, 2018
Performing at one of his shows, Kevin Hart continues to inspire and make people laugh. Recently his comments from the past regarding sensitive topics have resurfaced causing uproar prompting him to step down as the 2019 Academy Awards host.

Kevin Hart steps down as Oscar host

Taylor Jones, Entertainment Editor
December 8, 2018
Breaking the latest media headlines, these stars are catching the attention of their fans. Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin recently tied the knot and made close decisions in record-breaking time.

Gossip Girl

Taylor Jones, Entertainment Editor
October 29, 2018
Shoving a kid’s head into a locker, this bully makes fun of someone he knows will not fight back. Bullies prey on timid individuals who will not fight back. However, by being a bystander, you are able to help someone in need by letting an authority figure know.

Spread Awareness of Bullying This October

Taylor Jones, Entertainment Editor
October 15, 2018
Approaching the islands of Bermuda and later the east coast, Hurricane Florence is expected to strike U.S. land Thursday of this week. This storm is likely to make landfall, but with a high pressure front coming from the west, there is a slight chance of revival as it would push it back out into the Atlantic.

A closer look at Hurricane Florence

Taylor Jones, Entertainment Editor
September 10, 2018
That’s What She Said

That’s What She Said

Taylor Jones, Staff Reporter
May 22, 2018
 Hanging in the venue, this backdrop of Vincent van Gogh’s, Starry Night gave Millbrook’s prom a more romantic and artsy appeal. Millbrook students danced the night away at Friday night’s prom, and also had the joy of crowning their prom king and queen, seniors Bryan Squires and Raya Coley.

“Stars” of prom night

Taylor Jones, Staff Reporter
May 13, 2018
Cats on the Prowl

Cats on the Prowl

Taylor Jones, Staff Reporter
March 29, 2018
Cats on the Prowl

Cats on the Prowl

Taylor Jones, Staff Reporter
January 24, 2018
Cats on the Prowl

Cats on the Prowl

Taylor Jones, Staff Reporter
November 2, 2017
Advertising the famous talent show will bring many new contestants to the table and bring families together as they cheer on and vote for their favorite performers. As season sixteen premieres, ABC will be the new home for American Idol.

American Idol is Returning

Taylor Jones, Staff Reporter
October 23, 2017
Load More Stories