Spectacular Students: Kerrington Keyes

++Posing+with+senior+Kailee+Storie%2C+Kerrington+Keyes+smiles+after+crowning+the+Homecoming+Queen%2C+after+being+crowned+himself+as+Mr.+Millbrook.+Kerrington+is+very+involved%2C+and+this+alone+shows+how+spectacular+of+a+student+he+is%21+

D. Morgan

Posing with senior Kailee Storie, Kerrington Keyes smiles after crowning the Homecoming Queen, after being crowned himself as Mr. Millbrook. Kerrington is very involved, and this alone shows how spectacular of a student he is!

Grayson McClendon, Sports Editor

Crowned in October, senior Kerrington Keyes won Mr. Millbrook for his involvement, leadership, and role model behavior at Millbrook. Kerrington is the vice president of NTHS, the treasurer of NHS, the secretary of NAS, and also a part of Best Buddies, track, Young Life, ASA, and is a CTE Concentrator. Saying goodbye to Millbrook in just six short months, Kerrington said, “I am definitely going to miss the environment of Millbrook when I leave. I can go anywhere by myself or with friends on campus and still find a friendly face. There is so much you can do and so many things you can get involved in, and that’s really going to be hard to let go.”

Kerrington is making his senior year one that he will never forget by being as involved as he can. National Achievers Society, or NAS, is a club Kerrington has put a lot of time into. While serving as secretary, Keyes describes that he enjoys the people that surround him and that the executive board works well together. He joined the society his sophomore year and was given the title of secretary his junior year. While also being in many clubs, Kerrington may not have been as successful as he has been throughout high school without the help of his coaches and teachers. While struggling with his time management and writing skills, he was able to get better and better at it as the years went on.

Keyes also manages to do many extracurricular activities outside of school as well. Not only does he do community service through every society he is a member of, but he also volunteers at his church where he is the Leader of Teen Church. Kerrington also runs his own tutoring business. Senior Grace Black said, “Kerrington is one of my very best friends. He is someone that I can always go to for a laugh, encouragement, or just a hug. He is super welcoming to others and incredibly outgoing. Kerrington is one of the friends that I’m always going to remember and be extremely grateful for.” While enjoying working at Harris Teeter, Kerrington makes the most of everything he does, in and out of school. Being described as funny, loud, and adventurous, this is one of the many reasons why Keyes was selected as Mr. Millbrook. If you are not familiar with the term, Mr. Millbrook is a male student voted on by other students, that displays wonderful qualities in and around school.

Spending every moment like it is his last, Kerrington’s huge role in the Millbrook community will be missed. Being involved in many honors societies and clubs while managing to work and volunteer, Kerrington truly is a spectacular student.