Ariana Grande shocks fans in announcing new album

Undoubtedly+belting+out+lyrics+to+one+of+her+hit+songs%2C+it+is+clear+that+Ariana+is+in+the+zone.+With+her+fifth+album+coming+out+less+than+six+months+after+the+release+of+her+fourth+record-breaking+album%2C+Grande+is+coming+up+on+what+looks+to+be+another+year+of+new+music+and+newfound+independency.+

Undoubtedly belting out lyrics to one of her hit songs, it is clear that Ariana is in the zone. With her fifth album coming out less than six months after the release of her fourth record-breaking album, Grande is coming up on what looks to be another year of new music and newfound independency.

wikipedia.org

wikipedia.org

wikipedia.org

Hot off of her new controversial single “7 Rings,” Ariana Grande has announced the upcoming release of her fifth album, less than six months after the release of her last album, Sweetener. This announcement came as a shock to millions of fans around the world and was revealed when Grande tweeted, “two albums in six months huh. that’s deep. love u. talk soon.” on January 21. Following her original tweet, Grande confirmed that the cover, tracklist, and preorder would all be available this Friday, January 25, and that the official album release date would fall on February 8. However, she did not stop there.

As fans continued to ask questions, Ariana seemingly revealed that the twelve songs on this album would be tributes to all of the single women out there. She also chose to release the cover art of her album early and even claimed that this was her favorite album cover. Keeping to her previous theme of upside down images, Ariana did the same for this album cover, but chose to change things up a bit with her style. Although Grande chose to keep her usual high ponytail, she switched things up by appearing somewhat goth and vampire-ish while sporting black lipstick in the newly revealed cover art. Fans have even dubbed her a goth queen.

Ariana’s tracklist was included in her numerous Twitter releases as well. With nine of the twelve total songs being new, fans anticipate an exciting upcoming few months, as Grande will headline Coachella and embark on an international tour. While her album turnaround of just over five months appears to be extremely short, Grande once said that her goal would always be to put out music like a rapper. Her opinion is that the pop music standard of having carefully plotted dates for teaser videos, single releases, and more should not apply to everyone. Ariana claims that she just wants to talk to her fans and drop music the way that rappers are able to do. It is clear that Grande is sticking to her ideals, and it is working incredibly for her.