Campus Clubs

Mad Scientists Club takes a step further

Showing his drone to junior Marshall Feldman, junior Brett Foster seeks to educate him about the way it works. Members help each other learn and have fun while in the Mad Scientists Club.

Alex McCloskey

Alex McCloskey, Staff Reporter

“Mad Scientists Club is really good because it allows kids like me who don’t know a lot about technology to learn more about it,” says Antonio Bafia, a sophomore in the Mad Scientists Club. The Mad Scientists Club is one of the most active clubs here at Millbrook. Every Wednesday, members of the Mad Scientists Club meet to do what they love. Each member will always be doing something that interests them, if that be building a computer or even messing around with the 3D printer. This year, Brett Foster, a junior brought in his own drone which he built. They have a drone flying simulator on the computers which trains them to be ready to fly the real drones. The advisor of the Mad Scientists Club, Mr. Mamel mentions the creation of some sort of video game. Not only is the Mad Scientists Club interesting and fun to be at, the members also love to be there. Also, there are a variety of kinds of people that show different interests in what they are doing when they enter the world of Mad Scientists Club.

The Mad Scientists Club goes on many field trips that spark the interest of every member. Last year the club went to a 3D printing factory. “I thought it was a really cool and interesting experience, especially because it’s such a foreign concept, a 3D printing company, and it was a lot of fun to learn about and see their process for creation,” says a previous member of the Mad Scientists Club, Jonas Forsberg, now a sophomore. This year Mr. Mamel has not decided any specific places they will go to. He assures them that the places they will go will be very interesting and amusing.

In Mad Scientists Club meetings every member looks to be busy on something they enjoy doing. Some members stay in Mr. Mamel’s room while others go downstairs to the library. Every member learns a lot from being in the club no matter how long they have attended. For example, members are informed of the parts of the drones and how to fly them successfully. Also, they learn what certain parts of the computer do and what specific parts to a computer are needed to buy to assemble one themselves. If you want a club to join and learn about technology in, then this club is definitely the club for you!