Justin Lundy: a senior going the extra mile

Justin Lundy

Posing with fellow student government members Mollie Baron, Brooke Bennett and Olivia Titka, Justin Lundy readies himself to make an impact on Millbrook High School. Justin is the vice president of the senior class. Saved as: JL

Olivia Burnette, Staff Reporter

In a world filled with people trying to go through life unnoticed, people like Justin Lundy are really a breath of fresh air. Justin Lundy is involved in many activities in and out of Millbrook, trying to make his school and his community a better place. He has accomplished this by involving himself in Youth Legislative Assembly, student government, and digital media.
The Youth Legislative Assembly is a mock legislative session that allows high school students to provide input on today’s problems and work towards a solution. Justin Lundy and his fellow members are currently in the process of introducing a bill that will legalize marijuana in North Carolina. If they are successful in their attempts, the bill will be forwarded to the North Carolina General Assembly, who will then vote on the bill. The assembly takes place April 1-3 for anyone interested in being included in the voting process.
Justin Lundy is the vice president of the senior class, and his goal is to make a difference before he graduates this upcoming spring. “I’m in a bunch of clubs at Millbrook this year because I want to know what other Millbrook Wildcats are doing to make a difference as well,” Lundy explained. He is focused on making a better environment overall; one of his main priorities was the Homecoming dance. Many Millbrook students are aware of the fact that last year’s Homecoming dance was cancelled due to a lack of ticket sales. This year’s Homecoming was very successful, and Justin Lundy raved about it saying, “I was more than happy to be a part of the planning process this year.”
Avid Morning Growl fans may be able to recognize Justin Lundy in the hallways, as he is sometimes involved in broadcasting the school’s news. He expresses his interest in broadcasting since he plans to major in communications and journalism. His enthusiasm in digital media and the Morning Growl is what allows him to be so successful.
Justin Lundy is definitely a senior that is pushing the boundaries to not just be “a face in the yearbook,” as he said. Senior Chloe Starr expressed, “Justin is always willing to go the extra mile to make Millbrook better, even if that means sacrificing his free time, and he does it with no complaints.” His involvement in his school and his state will continue to positively affect the people around him for a long time.