Mr.Berglund: Teacher of the Year
The 2024-2025 Student Council Officers
Why does college break the bank?
Teacher Tribute: Mamma Yopp
‘How to Date Billy Walsh’ :  A roller coaster of a Rom-Com (Spoilers Ahead)
TikTok Ban

TikTok Ban

May 19, 2024

Teacher Tribute: Dr. Carr

Teacher Tribute: Dr. Carr

May 15, 2024

Class of 24’ Must do Things in North Carolina Before Leaving For College

May 14, 2024

‘A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder’ is Coming to Screens

‘A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder’ will hit British screens in July 2024, and will stream on Netflix in the U.S. later this year.

BookTok sensation “A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder” by Holly Jackson is making its way onto BBC Three in July 2024, and on Netflix later this year for American viewers.
The TV series adaptation was announced in September 2022, three years after the book was originally published in 2019. Production began in June 2023 and wrapped about two months later in August.. The show features “Wednesday’ co-star Emma Myers as the lead, Pippa “Pip” Fitz-Amobi, and Zain Iqbal as the main love interest, Ravi Singh.
The book follows high schooler Pip as she investigates a five-year old cold case that rocked her small town for a school project, which she later turns into a podcast. Five years before the events of the book, popular high schooler Andie Bell was murdered by her boyfriend Sal Singh, who then committed suicide… allegedly.
English teacher Mrs. Cortright says, “I really liked the premise of the podcast. I have listened to a couple of true crime podcasts, like ‘Serial,’ and I liked the idea of using that as the basis of a fictional mystery. I also really liked Pip’s character. She is bold and determined and yet affected by what has happened around her. A nice balance.”
Pip is sure that Sal is innocent and that the disdain his family faces from the entire town five years after the fact is wrong. She teams up with Sal’s younger brother, Ravi and together they work to find out what really happened. The only issue is, the closer Pip gets to the truth, the more danger she puts herself and the people she loves in.
“A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder” is the first book in a trilogy. Season one of the series is set to have six 45-minute-long episodes following the events of the first book. If the show gets renewed for a second and third season, they will similarly follow the events of their corresponding book.
The release of the show has many people on the edge of their seats. Sophomore Maeley Roach says, “I’m so excited! I’ve been waiting for this and I’m following all of the updates on Instagram and TikTok.”

View Comments (1)