Spectacular Student

David Flowers

Photo by: G. Copeland

Cheering on the Wildcats with fellow Maniac leaders, David makes sure that the crowd is loud and energetic. He stands the tallest and on the left sporting his Wildcat ears.

Izzy Morgan, Staff Reporter

There is a reason David Flowers is Mr. Millbrook. You can find him leading the student section at almost every sporting event, he is involved in 12 clubs, and he is Student Body President. On any given day, David is most likely at school early, and he stays late to work towards his goal of making sure there is something for everyone at Millbrook.

Student Body President has always been in David’s sights at Millbrook. As a freshman, he was selected to be a part of Millbrook Executive Board. MEB plans and coordinates almost all the events that go on at Millbrook. After 2 years of experience on MEB, he decided to run for the leadership position of Student Body Treasurer. This was his first of many offices held. After serving as treasurer for one year, he made the decision to run for president. “I thought I could lead and be a voice for everyone at Millbrook.” All of his hard work and campaigning paid off when he won the election. Being president comes with many responsibilities, such as meeting with Ms. King and the administration to coordinate school events, advising MEB, and attending faculty meetings. David is focused on 2 goals in mind: raise attendance at school events and make everyone feel a part of the Millbrook experience. MEB’s advisor Mr. Jones, describes David as “a dynamic and enthusiastic individual who embodies servant leadership. He seeks inclusion for all and dedicates himself to bettering everyone’s experiences.”   

David’s involvement at Millbrook does not stop with being president. He is also an officer in FCA, Science Olympiad, and Investment Club. He is a member of many more clubs such as the Service Club, NHS, and French Honor Society. And, if that is not enough, he serves as Millbrook’s representative for the Wake County Core GIS Team. The team creates Geographical Information System (GIS) apps for Wake County and for companies. Recently, the team made an app for the Millbrook community in an effort to supply information regarding job finding services around Raleigh.    

Outside of school, David is heavily involved in his youth group. He serves on the youth group’s council, which coordinates events. One of David’s favorite parts about youth group is the mission trips that they go on each year. Last year, David went to Honduras for a week, and this year he is going to Philadelphia. David also spends 1 to 2 days a week at his internship with Undercover Colors: a local startup business. In the future, David sees himself starting his own business. “After working and being around the startup world, I can really see myself trying to push an item into production. I have always wanted to start a company and I can see my skill sets being used to the max in that career.”

In what little free time David has, he enjoys spending it with his friends and family. He and his friends love to go bowling and play football together. He also uses his free time to catch up on much needed sleep.  

Millbrook is lucky to have such a caring, committed, and spirited leader for our school.