Film Club has a fun and relaxed environment

Kayla Mercer

Presenting her Film Club project to the other members, freshman and president of the Film Club, Kristin Hendricks, is relaxed and focused. Film Club members attentively listen and discuss ideas as the Film Club is mostly member-driven.

Alex McCloskey, Staff Reporter

Film brings out the creative and open minded side of anyone who enjoys filmmaking. Millbrook’s Film Club meets every other Wednesday or Thursday in Ms. Romano’s room which is located in the back of the media center. The club is fun, interesting, creative, and unique for members to enjoy. Members watch movies and make films in this after school activity and enjoy the creative freedoms of the club. Many clubs have heavy demands and requirements, but the Film Club is much more laid back.

Members claim that the club is extremely worth their while and that it is really fun. They learn film techniques and are able to engage in an activity that is fun for them. Watching movies and filmmaking sounds like a fantastic club to be a part of! The advisor, Ms. Romano says, “I do not force them to do anything. We are an extremely laid back and chill club.”

“As a group we like everything film related. So far we have watched a classic movie, and we are in the process of producing a film for the Morning Growl,” says freshman Kristin Hendricks, who is the president of the Film Club. She also states that everything is relaxed, and there is a great deal of conversation about film. Connections and relations with all of the members is strong. The environment is comforting to members as this club’s demands are never really heavy.

The Film Club offers learning opportunities for anyone interested in producing films or even just learning about them. Members are exposed to many different kinds of good quality cameras and new filming techniques upon joining. This is a club that members actually enjoy going to after school to spend time with their friends and do what they love most. Sometimes an after school activity where there are no pressures or any forced work is the best after school activity!