Political Junkie

Trump hit hard with sexual assault allegations

Wikipedia commons

Charged with several accounts of sexual assault, Donald Trump tries to hold onto his campaign. Trump has denied all accusations against him, but with the election approaching faster than ever, it may not be enough.

Peyton Lenderman, Staff Reporter

As Election Day quickly approaches, the candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump do whatever they can to secure voters, including releasing negative information on their opponents. Clinton’s health has been under speculation constantly throughout the election process, some going as far as to claim she has Parkinson’s Disease. In the past couple weeks, however, Trump has been the one taking the heat. According to the Huffington Post, 12 women and counting have come forward accusing the Republican candidate of sexual assault, accounts of which date as far back as the early 1980s.

These accusations could be detrimental to Trump’s campaign, especially as the election is only a couple weeks away and will more than likely affect their decisions. “I think it’s intentional that they’re just coming out now,” says Isabella Marin, a freshman, “I think the press did this so it’s fresh in people’s minds while voting.” Many people, such as First Lady Michelle Obama, have spoken out in outrage, saying they are disgusted by his actions. After the 2005 tape of Trump, in which he boasted of his sexually aggressive behavior, was released, these allegations hold a lot more weight with the public. However, Trump insisted he has never actually acted that way, suggesting Clinton’s campaign was responsible for fabricating the stories.

Of the women to come forward, there is a stranger he once sat next to on a plane, contestants in the Miss Teen USA pageant he once owned, an adult film star, and many more. The stories range from rape to awkward forced kisses, all of which are serious claims of sexual assault. Trump has vehemently denied all of these accusations, calling them ridiculous lies. He has even threatened to sue all of the women who have made claims against him, along with the news outlets who have published their stories. The New York Times and People magazine are among these, and although he has sent multiple complaint letters, he has not yet filed any lawsuits.