What’s The Deal With Cliffhangers?
Teachers Are Struggling, There Needs To Be Change
The Triangle’s Spring Flowers are in Bloom
Unravel the Pages: “Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe”
Marine Ecology Classes Explore the Waters

April 25, 2024

Cats on The Prowl: Mason Fortune and Sydney Spainhour

April 25, 2024

The Barkley Marathons

The Barkley Marathons

April 23, 2024

Women’s Health Outreach Advocates: Their First Full Year

WHOA members pose for the second meeting with their newly assembled period packs!
Madison Carter

One of Millbrook’s newest clubs, the Women’s Health Outreach Advocates (WHOA) is in the midst of its first full year. Starting in January of the 2022-2023 school year, the main goal of WHOA is to advocate for women in our school and community. One particular issue that is important to WHOA is supporting those without easy access to feminine products. Since starting the new school year, WHOA has gained many new members. Club founder and fellow Cat Talk reporter, Sadie Kelsey, said she is most looking forward to “showing the underclassmen what Millbrook has to offer.”

When asked why she started WHOA, Kelsey explained that she was inspired by her friend at another school and decided it would be a great idea to start WHOA at Millbrook. Many people have gathered and found the meetings to be a safe space to express themselves and be comfortable in their own skin. Former freshman officer Teagan Evans said of her experience in the club, “My WHOA experience was and has been super positive. I honestly have no bad things to say about the club.”

With officer elections coming up on October 4, Kelsey shares what it is like preparing for upcoming meetings. Kelsey works alongside Mrs. Carter and the grade-level officers two weeks before every meeting to plan and prepare something fun and meaningful for them to do, as well as help members be advocates for women in the area. They brainstorm meeting agendas which included a drive for period products around the school, poster-making to spread the word, self-affirmations, and prioritizing topics to discuss. 

Meetings are held on the first Wednesday of every month with fun activities prepared each time. Everyone is welcome to WHOA no matter gender, sexuality, or identity. Room 242 is and will always be an open door to anyone interested in learning and connecting with others about women’s health.

View Comments (1)