What’s The Deal With Cliffhangers?
Teachers Are Struggling, There Needs To Be Change
The Triangle’s Spring Flowers are in Bloom
Unravel the Pages: “Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe”
Marine Ecology Classes Explore the Waters

April 25, 2024

Cats on The Prowl: Mason Fortune and Sydney Spainhour

April 25, 2024

The Barkley Marathons

The Barkley Marathons

April 23, 2024

College Football Champions

https://www.maizenbrew.com
Michigan celebrating their win after a hectic season.

The Michigan Wolverines defeated Alabama in a nail-biting game in the Rose Bowl on January 1st, and Michigan advanced to play Washington in the National Championship Game, winning with a  final score of 34-13. The Michigan Wolverines had not won a College Football Playoff National Championship since 1997, so another championship victory has been a long time coming.

Michigan had a great game on November 25th when they defeated their rival, Ohio State, with a score of 30-24. 

However, their overall season could have been smoother sailing when cheating allegations sparked against the team and the head coach, Jim Harbaugh. Staff member Connor Stallions was involved in stealing and interfering with signals from opposing teams, as alleged by teams that had faced Michigan previously. 

Additionally, reports suggest that the team broke NCAA rules by in-person scouting future opponents to be able to predict their strategies. Millbrook senior  Johnny Minns says, “I haven’t read much into the allegations, if it’s true that’s messed up though.” The head coach was suspended and the team went on to beat five more teams to make their way to the championship. 

Regardless of the cheating allegations, Michigan was able to pull off a great ending to their season. They can take home the title of National Champions, but it will always be tangled in the web of allegations they faced in the 2023 season. Sherrone Moore, who stepped in as head coach when Harbaugh was suspended, told ESPN, “If you’re not with us, you’re against us.” Michigan felt like it was them against everyone, and they beat everyone this season.