Forests or pharmacies

The struggle for a healthier life

Almost all anxiety is taken away after taking a Xanax. Other side effects include drowsiness, imbalance, drowsiness, and irritability.

wikimedia.org

Evan Houze, Staff Reporter

Every person on earth is born into imperfection. No single thing in the world is ‘perfect,’ mainly because everyone’s views of perfection are different, but it is what motivates the human race. The majority of people see perfect as a normal life that is easy and stress free while still maintaining enough money to happily take care of themselves. Anxiety, pain, depression, exhaustion, and attention hyperactivity defecate disorder are just a few imperfections people can be born with that they may want to change. The human race is so complex and ever changing that scientists have chosen to create their own ways to make people feel more perfect or normal. Pharmacists create chemicals that will make people feel at ease, however there are always side effects. Their goal is to create drugs that will cause your problem to stop while causing as little unexpected side effects as possible. In nature, living and nonliving things are not always meant to coexist, so you never know how bad something you think is helping you actually is.

For example, Xanax is a typical drug prescribed for anxiety, but it can often cause insomnia, memory problems, poor balance, trouble concentrating and irritability. Everyone’s body is different, and Xanax almost always stops your anxiety when on the drug, but the side effects may make you feel the need for other prescriptions. Taking more prescriptions will eventually deteriorate your liver as everything filters through there, and pills are an unnatural thing your body will work to get rid of. This may sound like a worst-case scenario but it happens very often. Instead of Xanax or other anxiety medications, GNC and Whole Foods carry an essence made from flower petals to relieve anxiety called Rescue Remedy. Freshman Axel Kjellberg, who struggles with severe anxiety, said, “I put about 2 doses of the flower essence in a bottle of water, chugged it, and felt stress free almost all day. It honestly helped me so much.”

Humans and nature were made to coexist, but there are not herbs for every person’s disease or problem. ADHD, or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, is harder to cure by nature. Caffeine and ginseng, which normally give you energy, can temporarily calm those with ADHD down but doesn’t change much for focus. The most common pharmaceutical drug prescribed for this is Adderall, which works wonders but comes with very negative side effects similar to Xanax. When on Adderall, before you notice the motivation to focus, you notice a weird loss of appetite. It is not a normal loss of appetite, as only those who have been on the drug can really understand it is like you are hungry but your body will not allow you to swallow. This is followed by weight loss and other side effects like mood changes, nervous feelings, and sleep problems. After a week or two you adjust and are able to eat again and sleep somewhat normally but it is common to feel uneasy. Junior Nick Lewis, who has ADD, attention deficit disorder without hyperactivity, said, “The side effects are not very fun but it’s phenomenal for school. It really just depends on the person, but it helped me.” There is not always going to be a cure for someone’s difficulties that comes without side effects, which means some imperfections cannot be perfected. No matter what you do you can always find something else you probably need help with, so learning to power through minor mental diseases like ADHD and anxiety can make you mentally stronger. Some people with ADHD use all the excess energy for the better to get more work done. When you are feeling hyperactive you just want to expend the energy on something you enjoy or care about which will help if you find a job you love. There are pros and cons with almost any medicine, so every individual must decide what is best for them.