How to turn your 40 into a 90 in 5 days

Flickr.com

Struggling with all of their school work, this student falls behind in her class. She can easily lift her grade by following the steps described.

Seraphin Kibonge, Staff Reporter

The school year is coming to an end, and before you start rejoicing, remember what your situation is looking like. You want to pass the class but you feel like you do not have enough time to bring up your grade. Do not worry; I am here to help. Now, without further ado, here is how to bring your 40 to a 90 in just 5 days.

1.  Have the right mindset.

You may think accomplishing this task will be impossible, but that is not going to improve your grade. The mentality you should have is, “What do I have to lose?” Your grade is already a dumpster fire, so the only way you can go is up.

1.  Do NOT ask your teacher for extra credit.

This is the last thing you should be doing. Your teacher already sees you as a lazy student, so why give them a reason to tell you are lazy? Do everything on this list on the low, and avoid discussing with your teacher anything about your grade until the last possible day.

1. Email is your best friend.

Nowadays, teachers have more ways of communication with students, whether it is Remind101, Google Classroom, or a Weebly. However, the one tool you want to use is email. Find out your teacher’s email and make your presence known, as you will be using this to turn in all of your late assignments. It is a proven fact that teachers see you as more professional if you email them rather than having face-to-face communications.

1. Buy yourself more time to turn in your late work.

This is the most important step of this whole list. You have accepted the fact that you are a procrastinator, so rather than change who you are this late into the year, just buy yourself more time. Email your teacher blank documents, with the name of the assignments, and go back to watching your Netflix since you just bought yourself a day or so.

1. Actually do the work.

Now this is by far the toughest step; you pride yourself in being a procrastinator; it is in your DNA. However, you actually have to do the work to get the grade. To inspire yourself to keep working, play slow jams and lay on your bed. Only finish half of each assignment, since your teacher will have so much late work to grade they will hardly check your assignment.

1. Confront your teacher about your assignments.

Only do this on the last day of the quarter, as teachers only listen to you when you need help with your grade (another proven fact). Ask your teachers if they received your assignments in their email, and when they can not find it, because it is blank, resend it right in front of their eyes. They will look to help you, since they will respect your level of procrastination, and put in a good grade. Repeat this step for each assignment.

By following these simple steps, you have assured yourself an A for the quarter and a spot in the procrastination hall of fame. Now get back to your Netflix and naps; you earned it.