Campus Clubs: Fright Club

S.Storey

During the activity fair, the Fright Club booth gives visitors a spooky sneak peak at what is to come. The Fright Club has off campus field trips, horror prosthetic and makeup tutorials, and movie nights planned for the upcoming year.

Justine Hooker, Staff Reporter

Make way for the newest addition to Millbrook High School, but beware and stay calm because it is a little scary; say hello to the Fright Club! This new club has finally been able to make an appearance this year thanks to the founder, Ethan Storey. Ethan is a sophomore who came up with this idea as he was conversing with a student in marching band during his freshman year. He and the other student were talking about the movie Annabelle. The conversation sparked an idea to be able to connect his love of scary movies into a club. Ethan currently works at Panic Point as a Scarer, so it is evident that he has no trouble keeping his cool around this time of the year.

However, the creation of the club did not come easily. He first introduced his idea to the administration last school year, but got denied. Fortunately, Ethan was able to be accepted this year. The Fright Club made its debut at the Student Activity Fair, quickly gaining interest from students excited to see such a unique club at Millbrook.

In the Fright Club you get the chance to watch horror or thriller movies. Titles like Lights Out, Split and Insidious are some being featured during their movie nights. In the club there is also an opportunity to practice horror prosthetics and makeup that can be found in some movies. A backstage tour of Panic Point will be one of the club’s field trips that they take. One of Ethan’s favorite “fright” aspects are haunted houses: “I love haunted houses. They are a really interesting concept, but still fun. One of my favorite scary movies is The Visit. It’s cool because once you know the movie enough you start to see all the foreshadowing throughout the movie.”  Even if you are not a huge fan of scary movies, this club allows you to see an insight of the inner workings of them. If this club seems like something that interests you, then The Fright Club is the perfect fit! For information on how to join, visit the advisor, Sra. Wells, in room 117.