How to have the most beneficial day

A. Van Kula

Sitting in the library, sophomore Evan Smith works on his personal project paper during lunch. By using ones time wisely and efficiently, you can get more things done in a shorter amount of time.

Abby Van Kula, Staff Reporter

Being productive means being capable of working to increase better results. It is also specific to the person; whether you are normally a hard-working person or a lazier person can affect your idea of being productive. There are many ways to be productive, including cleaning your room, finishing homework early, studying for a test, and many more. Sophomore Evan Smith said, “By focusing my time on work in school, it allows me to have more free time and allows for me to be able to enjoy my extracurriculars.” While there are a lot of different ways of being productive, you might need some motivation or you just might need some ideas on how to be more productive.

There are some pretty obvious ways to become more productive that you have probably heard before, such as to-do lists or making tiny goals for yourself, but there are some other interesting ways that might grab your attention. Starting off with tracking your time, which allows you to be aware of and identify your patterns. Tracking your time can include tracking how much time you spend on your phone, working on homework, studying, hanging out with friends, etc. This can help you figure out which areas you need to spend more or less time on to benefit you the most. This can also show you which methods let you work the best and be more efficient.

Another tip for a more productive lifestyle is doing your most dreaded task first on your to-do list. Most of the time, someone procrastinates when they do not want to do the task. However, if you do your least favorite thing first, the other stuff will not seem as hard and you will definitely feel like you did more. One great idea to make you feel more productive is to stop multitasking. Although you may feel that it would make work get finished faster, it is actually making you more tired which decreases productivity. Research has shown that we get things done twice as fast when we only focus on one thing at a time.

Lastly, there is a technique known as the Pomodoro technique, which is a studying and productivity technique. You set a timer, normally for around twenty-five minutes, to break down your work time in intervals. During the breaks between the timers, you take a short break from your work. This will let your mind take a break so that when you start working again, your mind will be focused on the given task.

These are only a few of the many ways in increase your productivity, but they will hopefully help!