Preparing for Prom with the Perfect Promposal!

Just+a+few+weeks+ago%2C+Skyler+Rogerson+was+wowed+by+boyfriend+Graham+Owens%E2%80%99+promposal.+Surprising+her+at+the+airport+on+the+way+home+from+a+volleyball+tournament+with+an+adorable+volleyball+themed+poster%2C+Skyler+was+thrilled+to+say+yes%21+

P. by Skyler Rogerson

Just a few weeks ago, Skyler Rogerson was wowed by boyfriend Graham Owens’ promposal. Surprising her at the airport on the way home from a volleyball tournament with an adorable volleyball themed poster, Skyler was thrilled to say yes!

Emma Mills, Staff Reporter

Excitement swept the halls of Millbrook last week as the theme for this year’s prom was announced. An April Fool’s teaser of a Star Wars themed prom was met with confusion and laughter, but just the next day the joke was revealed and an adorable promotional video featuring the Cat Talk’s own Grayson McClendon introduced the true theme through scenes depicting Grayson rocking long, blonde hair. Inspired by the Disney movie’s twist on the classic Rapunzel story, Tangled, Junior Class Council has decided to call this year’s dance “Tangled Up in You.” Posters depicting the iconic, beautiful paper lanterns scene from the movie filled the halls of Millbrook and an incessant buzz of student excitement ensued.

Millbrook’s prom will happen a month from now on May 10 at North Ridge Country Club. As the countdown to the dance continues, students are preparing by choosing dresses and tuxes, making plans with friends, and perhaps most excitingly of all: finding dates!

In movies, prom is depicted as the night of all nights for high school students. Now, students are creating their own movie-worthy moments before the dance even begins. Known popularly as promposals, students have gotten more creative than ever with how to ask their dates out. Social media sites such as Twitter, Instagram, and VSCO are filled with creative posters and puns that have helped American teenagers across the country land dates. The pressure is on for students to come up with the most unique, Instagram-able promposal around.

Although prom is still weeks away, several Millbrook students have already risen to the challenge and successfully landed dates with super cute promposals. Junior Ryan Burns was asked by Sam Hood with a super original promposal: a play on the theme park “You must be this tall to ride” sign that reached more than six feet that said, “You must be this tall to say no to prom.” Ryan said, “I thought Sam’s idea was really funny since we’re both so tall! I wasn’t expecting it at all, and I loved it!”

If you have yet to find a date, don’t worry! Sites such as Pinterest can help you find a great, customized way to ask someone out. Some of the best promposals include things your intended date are interested in, such as sports, foods, or hobbies! For example, when Anderson Ward asked Kayla Kedzierzawski to prom, he was inspired by her love of lacrosse to create a poster that said, “Will you dance all-lacrosse the floor with me at prom?” Anderson said, “I knew that she played lacrosse, so I had to come up with a good way to incorporate it. It took awhile to figure out a good way to do so, but with the help of my friend Kaylee Snead, I was able to find the perfect one!”

Have not been asked yet? Put yourself out there and ask someone yourself! It is 2019, and there are no rules when it comes to who is supposed to ask who. Boys and girls alike are encouraged to get creative and find a date to the dance!