Millbrook Men’s Basketball wins the State Championship!

Provided by Chris Daniels

Celebrating an amazing win, the basketball and cheer team come together to capture this moment forever. After a hard fought game, the boys are overjoyed to be crowned STATE CHAMPS!

Carter Ramey, Staff Reporter

For the first time in Millbrook history, the men’s basketball team has won a State Championship! Saturday night at 6 p.m. our Wildcats faced the Ardrey Kell Knights in the 4A State Championship. The Wildcats have put so much effort into this season starting all the way back in October. From then on, they have had their eyes on the prize and have done everything it takes to get to the biggest stage in high school sports. Led by Coach Chris Davis, who kept them calm during the most stressful parts of the game and put in a game plan that was very successful. Other key parts of this team is the leadership on the court with three starting seniors. Chris Daniels, number ten, Red Dunton, number fourteen, and Eric Van Der Heijden, number twenty-three, each stepped into main roles on this team. These three create and make game changing plays, and are a force to be reckoned with for any team. Great leadership on and off the court helped them get to the state championship.

This season has been very grueling for the Wildcats with every team they play trying their hardest to beat them. The Knights, being no different, gave Millbrook everything they had. This battle went back and forth between the two teams the entire game. At the end of regulation, the game was tied. In overtime, the Knights took a four point lead with seventeen seconds left in the game. Never giving up, the Wildcats, led by Silas Demary Jr. (number five), went on to score the last six points of the game. With a steller game and an amazing comeback by Silas, he was awarded Player of the Game. Silas, along with everyone on the team, paved the way to victory making the Millbrook Wildcats the kings of basketball in North Carolina with an undefeated record of 19-0. It was an incredible way to win the State Championship and could not have happened to a more deserving team. Congratulations, Wildcats, on an undefeated season and a State Championship!! Everyone is so proud of you all!