Harry Styles Brings Love on Tour to Raleigh

Anthony Pham

Following the Tampa show, his streak of wearing red with suspenders continued to Raleigh. His fans refer to it as his ‘valentines’ outfit of the tour, which contributed to him wearing heart sunglasses.

Ashley Snyder, Staff Reporter

Harry Styles brought Love on Tour to the PNC Arena in Raleigh. Arriving from Tampa, Florida, the singer came a day early to play golf in Durham with two of the Carolina Hurricanes players. Martin Nečas and Sebastian Aho, along with Styles, took a smiling picture on the golf course. Martin Nečas posted the picture to his Instagram with the caption “Golden day.” The two fandoms united once again when Nečas mentioned he would be going to the concert the next night.  After the warm welcome from the two hockey players, Styles started the concert with wide smiles from his fan’s welcome. Following the opening, he went on the stage wearing a coral shirt and red pants. The crowd went ecstatic as Styles started with his hit song “Golden,” the moment everyone had been waiting for had come. 

After Styles released his album Fine Line towards the end of 2019, the world tour dates were posted. The tickets were put on sale in December of 2019, but when the pandemic hit, the tour was postponed. By the end of 2020 fans were considering the tour had been canceled. Before long, Styles’ team released the new dates and the 2021 world tour was planned.

After two years of looking forward to this night, thousands of fans excitedly watched as the person they have loved for so long performed for them. He sang through almost his whole Fine Line album, also adding the very popular One Direction song “What Makes You Beautiful,” along with some songs from his debut album, Harry Styles. Including his song “Carolina”, which mentions the Carolinas. After heart sunglasses, boas, and flags, the show started to wrap up after his song “Kiwi.” 

Sophomore Lauren Creighton said, “Harry made everyone feel loved and accepted. I felt totally comfortable there, even though I was in an arena full of strangers.” Fans who went could all agree that Styles made the arena feel like a family. The citizens of Pittsburg would also feel this way with their show in two days. 

The night felt heavy and dazed as the arena emptied out, but everyone can agree that this night would live with them forever.