The Fine Arts at Millbrook

The Womens Chamber performs in the at choir concert.  Chamber is the biggest choir at Millbrook, with an average of 60 members every year.

wake county public schools

The Women’s Chamber performs in the at choir concert. Chamber is the biggest choir at Millbrook, with an average of 60 members every year.

Ansley Russo, staff reporter

Class registration for next year is coming up, and that means all new classes and new opportunities! There are numerous exciting classes available that not everyone is aware of like choir, art, and band. The arts classes are available for different skill levels and talents.

The visual arts department offers many different mediums such as general visual art and sculpture classes. Those who are interested in art, but do not have experience can take advantage of the beginning visual arts class. The beginning visual art class offers an introduction to many different techniques and activities like drawing, painting, and learning about basic elements of art. 

Another great class for music lovers at Millbrook is choir! There is Novum and Ingen, which are non-audition choirs. The audition choirs at Millbrook are Chamber and Madrigals. Madrigals is a blocked class, so it takes up two class periods. Audition choirs are typically populated by upperclassmen, but incoming freshmen are encouraged to audition. Advanced choirs count as honors classes, which gives students the double bonus of a GPA boost and a fun class! Choir consists of singing, reading sheet music, and preparing for choir concerts. Mr. Adams runs the choir program and is a highly loved teacher. “There’s a choir for everybody at Millbrook! We’re like a family.” 

Also, a class students should look at taking if interested in playing an instrument. Like other arts programs, there are different classes for students based on experience such as concert band, symphonic band, wind band, and marching cats. Benton Reynolds, a sophomore in the symphonic band class, says, “Mr. Payne is the best director!” Many students say they love the atmosphere and dedication in band. Band performs at concerts, and marching cats perform at football games. Millbrook’s Fine Arts programs are thriving, and the students are with it! Everyone has a place somewhere in the Fine Arts at Millbrook. Students interested in any of these classes can talk to their counselor!