What’s The Deal With Cliffhangers?
Teachers Are Struggling, There Needs To Be Change
The Triangle’s Spring Flowers are in Bloom
Unravel the Pages: “Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe”
Marine Ecology Classes Explore the Waters

April 25, 2024

Cats on The Prowl: Mason Fortune and Sydney Spainhour

April 25, 2024

The Barkley Marathons

The Barkley Marathons

April 23, 2024

Music Now: 1989 Taylor’s Version Will Change Lives

1989 Taylor’s Version is going to break records and bring back memories!

All of your “Wildest Dreams’” (Taylor’s Version) are coming true! Taylor Swift has announced that the re-recording of her 2014 hit album 1989 will be coming out on October 27! She surprised her fans with the news on August 9 at her last Eras Tour performance in the U.S. at Sofi Stadium in LA. She announced the album and played her song “New Romantics” during the “Surprise Song” section of her show. “The 1989 album changed my life in countless ways,” Swift said while announcing the rerecording of the album.
“1989 (Taylor’s Version)” will feature five new songs “From the Vault.” Swift loves her tricks and easter eggs, so of course she couldn’t just tell her fans. Swift and Google worked together to create a light blue vault that appears when you search Swift’s name. If you click on the vault, you can access puzzles that relate to Swift and the 1989 album. The vault said when 33 million puzzles were solved the new songs would be announced. That same week after the vault was introduced, it was solved. The tracks were announced on Swift’s Instagram. In order they go, “Slut!,” “Say Don’t Go,” “Now That We Don’t Talk,” “Suburban Legends,” and “Is It Over Now?” The Target exclusive vinyl of “1989 (Taylor’s Version)” includes a bonus track: a re-recording of her song “Sweeter Than Fiction,” from the movie “One Chance” will be featured. Sophomore Teagan Evans said “I am most excited for ‘Say Don’t Go.’ It sounds interesting.”
Along with the release of the Target exclusive vinyl, Swift will release four different colors of vinyl and cds you can buy exclusively on her website and Target. Not too long after she also released the merchandise for “1989 (Taylor’s Version) featuring shirts, sweatshirts, accessories, and more!
Sophomore Ava Moore when asked about her thoughts on “1989 Taylor’s Version” said, “I love it so much, it’s my childhood album.”
Moore said that she is most excited for “Slut!” because “I think it’s going to be a really hype song.” Moore also said, “I bought the vinyl in pink and yellow.”
Sophomore Kat Cruz said “I’m most excited for ‘Slut!’ I feel like it’s definitely gonna be a fan favorite.” and she said “1989 was what introduced me to Taylor. It has the hit ‘Shake it Off’ which I spent most of my childhood listening to! I’ve purchased the 1989 crew neck in pink!”
Some songs from “1989 (Taylor’s Version)” have already been released and had their time to shine. “Wildest Dreams” was re-recorded due to its popularity on the app TikTok, and the Netflix show Bridgerton wanted to make a classical cover of it to use in the show. “This Love” was also recorded and its purpose was for the Amazon Prime Original show “The Summer I Turned Pretty”. This isn’t the only time Amazon has received a Taylor’s Version specifically for them. Swift also re-recorded her song “Delicate” from her 2017 album Reputation for an episode of the second season of “The Summer I Turned Pretty.”
“1989 Taylor’s Version” is rumored to break records just like it did the first time it came out. The first time it came out it sold 1.2 million copies in the first week and at the time this made Swift the only artist at the time to have released three albums which would sell more than one million copies in one week. Make sure to look out for Taylor’s newest re-recording on October 27th!

View Comments (2)