Wake Tech Dual Enrollment

The Wake Tech Dual Enrollment sign- up process is happening right now! Students can talk to their counselors to find out more information on how to register.

Ansley Russo, staff reporter

Class registration is happening this month, and there is an exciting opportunity for Millbrook students! Students now have the option to enroll in Wake Tech classes for college credit. Career and College Promise (CCP) courses are for high school students to take general college courses while also getting high school credit. Unlike Advanced Placement (AP) courses, dual enrollment gives students automatic college credit when they pass the class. Taking CCP courses gives students a GPA boost without having to take AP courses.

Taking Wake Tech classes can help students who are interested in a certain career path and want to get their core classes out of the way. Another benefit of dual enrollment is a reduced cost of college. Getting credits out of the way now can reduce the cost for courses in the future. Dual enrollment is free for high school students, so taking the opportunity would result in less financial stress for families. Cat Talk spoke with Lucas Shwinger, “I won’t have to spend all the extra money on classes when I can just take them now. It’s also a huge time saver, I’m going to have my associates the year after I graduate. You can go in person or online. I’m also taking summer classes so I can take as many free courses as possible.”

Dual enrollment also gives students an idea of what the college workload is like. By taking a few classes in high school, students can prepare for college academics in advance. Taking Wake Tech classes can also improve student’s work ethic and grades in other classes. Students who would like to enroll in CCP classes need to take a minimum of four classes at Millbrook. Regular classes are scheduled during 1st and 2nd block and CCP classes are during 3rd and 4th block. Dual enrollment classes are currently offered on campus and online! College is coming up soon, so getting a head start is key to a successful career!