‘How to Date Billy Walsh’ :  A roller coaster of a Rom-Com (Spoilers Ahead)
TikTok Ban
Teacher Tribute: Dr. Carr
Class of 24’ Must do Things in North Carolina Before Leaving For College
A Worthy Opportunity for Young Artists and a Last Hurrah for some Millbrook Seniors
Allegations Emerge Against Rapper Diddy

Allegations Emerge Against Rapper Diddy

May 14, 2024

NC State University Possibly Facing Major Lawsuits from Poe Hall Chemical Infections

May 10, 2024

Heartstopper Season 3: Everything You Need to Know

May 10, 2024

National Honors Society 2024 Induction ceremony

Setting+up+for+the+induction+ceremony.+
Setting up for the induction ceremony.

The National Honor Society (NHS) is an organization that recognizes high school students for their academic achievement, leadership, service, and character. Founded in 1921, the NHS has been a significant accomplishment in education.
Students who get into NHS are considered highly prestigious, and their admission is often regarded as a significant achievement by both students and educators. Each year, eligible students are invited to apply for membership based on their academic performance and involvement in extracurricular activities. This year, interested students filled out a three-page form listing different leadership opportunities they were involved in each school year. Those who meet the stringent criteria set forth by the NHS are inducted into the society during a special ceremony, symbolizing their commitment to scholarship, leadership, service, and character.
This year’s NHS induction ceremony was held on Wednesday, April 24, and members of the sophomore class were inducted for the first time in Millbrook High School history. Over 30 sophomores, 50 juniors, and 7 seniors were accepted into the National Honors Society.
Inductees spoke on the leadership they demonstrated to be accepted into NHS. Junior Sam Rigot said he “Started my own power washing company and showed leadership through hiring students from other schools.” Another junior, Kennedy Stoner, shows leadership in the school through her role in FCCLA. Students showed different forms of leadership, ranging from power washing to tutoring with the English Honors Society. Sophomores like Jason Goss are “excited to have a group of people who enjoy helping others.”
Members engage in various service projects, volunteering their time and talents to make a positive impact in their communities. Whether it’s organizing food drives, tutoring younger students, or participating in environmental cleaning, NHS members demonstrate a dedication to serving others and making a difference.
Principal Dr. Saunders initiated that each NHS member be held to high standards of conduct, serve as role models for their peers, and embody the values of scholarship, leadership, service, and character in all aspects of their lives.
Being part of the NHS gives students numerous opportunities, including scholarships, leadership development programs, and networking events. Colleges and universities often view membership in the NHS, recognizing it as a strong indicator of a student’s academic success and community engagement.