Mr. Liles joins Millbrook family

E.Wilis

Working at his desk, Mr. Liles keeps busy throughout the school day with his new responsibilities. He is very excited to be serving Millbrook High School.

Emily Willis, Staff Reporter

Meet Millbrook’s newest addition to the administrative team, Mr. Christopher Liles. He is taking over for Ms. Mcarry in the assistant principal position. Liles was born and raised in Charlotte, North Carolina, and has lived in the Triangle for over 20 years. He is currently living with his wife and two daughters, Meredith and Katie, in Cary.  

Mr. Liles went to the University of Chapel Hill for his undergrad, but his education does not stop there. He went on to attend North Carolina Central University to receive his Master’s degree in counseling. After that, he received his administrative degree from Gardner-Webb University. When asked what inspired him to go into the education field, Mr. Liles said, “I believe that the education system can make students into great citizens, and I wanted to be a part of that.”   

Mr. Liles started his career as a counselor at an elementary school right here in the Triangle. He spent the majority of this time at Olds Elementary in Raleigh, and then moved on to Durham County Schools and Orange County Schools. After being a counselor for 10 years, he took on the role as an administrator at Olds Elementary, Glenwood Elementary, and Orange County schools.  Mr. Liles is most excited about being in the high school setting. He only has previous experience in elementary school, so this is a new chapter for him.     

When asked about Mr. Liles, Mrs .Capers said, “He has a sense of belonging like he has been here for the whole time. I  know he is going to make a strong mark here at Millbrook.”

Mr. Liles is an avid watcher of basketball and volleyball and has also loved coaching it for many years. His favorite sports teams consist of the UNC Tarheels, Panthers, Carolina Hurricanes, and the Charlotte Hornets. He said, “I love all of those sports teams, but the Tar heels always come first.” When he is not at school, he enjoys eating seafood, going to the movies, and spending time with his family!