National Honors Society 2024 Induction ceremony
Morgan Wallen Arrested on Felony Charge

Once Upon A Time: Prom 2024

Throughout the night, there was nonstop dancing. In this photo, DJ A-Selecta plays “Y.M.C.A” by Village People. Over 50 students dance to this song that brings everyone together. This depicts Millbrook’s specialty and how a simple song can get more people to the dance floor. One junior named Addison Cockman said, “I’ve never seen some of these people, but after last night, I can call them my friends.” Not only did prom bring people together but it also showed how strong the Millbrook Community is.

Prom! Each junior and senior at Millbrook looks forward to prom, which was held this year on April 13. The prom ran from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m., which gave students time to enjoy the night and it was held at North Ridge Country Club.
As students walked into North Ridge, the teachers greeted them with smiles while checking tickets. There was also a background where students could take pictures with friends or even teachers. The dance floor was filled with students showing off their best moves. Over to the side of the dance floor, there were tables where many sat and talked with their peers.
Prom brings students together to have a good time and interact with each other. The theme was “Once Upon a Time,” which helped many students decide what to wear. The exact number of attendees is unknown, but Mrs. Genesky said there were over 600 tickets sold!
The night revolved around music produced by junior Amare Cole, also known as DJ A-Selecta. Cole said, “Prom 2024 was a great experience; everybody had fun, and I’d love to DJ again. I enjoy creating a fun time for people.” He has been the DJ at prom for the past few years, which shows how many students enjoy his part at night.
Junior Stella Vitale said, “This was my first year going to Millbrook’s prom, and I had a good time with all my friends. It was also cool to see what everyone decided to wear.”
The Millbrook High School prom was a resounding success, surpassing all expectations and leaving students with a sense of happiness and feeling fortunate enough to be a part of it. This achievement wouldn’t have been possible without the tireless efforts of Mrs. Genesky and the junior class council. Their dedication and hard work deserve our heartfelt appreciation.
She was in charge of the guest forms and ticket purchases. Students who attended all had big smiles on their faces all night long.