Cats on The Prowl: Mason Fortune and Sydney Spainhour

The Barkley Marathons

The Barkley Marathons

Jonas and Turner Splitting Sparks More Complications with New Statements Released

Pop star Joe Jonas and actress Sophie Turner split after 4 years of marriage. Read below to see all the drama behind the divorce.
Wikipedia commons

Pop singer Joe Jonas and actress Sophie Turner have decided to mutually split at the beginning of the month saying their marriage was “irretrievably broken.”

Some background on the couple; their seven year love story started when Jonas first slid into Turner’s DMs in 2016. A year later, they finally went public with their relationship on New Year’s Eve. The couple then got married in the spring of 2019 and had two beautiful daughters. The first, Wella, was born in 2020, and the second ,Delphine, was born in 2022.. 

Suspicions of the split first started when many fans noticed Jonas and Turner weren’t wearing their wedding rings in many pictures.. A few days later, Jonas officially filed for divorce at the beginning of the month in September. The couple then posted a statement on social media saying how they mutually decided to end their relationship and hope people can respect their wishes. Turner claims she didn’t know about the divorce and found out about it for the first time through the media. That was confirmed to be false and many more rumors were starting to spread.

There were many rumors spreading of why they are getting divorced but none of them were ever confirmed. One of the most spiking rumors about the divorce is that Jonas didn’t want to move to England anymore. Turner and Jonas had found their “forever home” in England and somehow that changed and possibly sparked this whole thing. 

Senior Alena Dotzaur tells us her point of view on the situation, “Sophie Turner was in the right, because he did things that he shouldn’t have done, like stealing passports and keeping her children away from her.” 

At a concert, Jonas talked about the rumors of the divorce saying, “If you don’t hear it from these lips, then don’t believe it.”  Weeks after the divorce was filed, Turner was spotted having dinner in NYC with Taylor Swift, who is an ex-girlfriend of Jonas. Many sources have said that Turner has been staying in Taylor’s New York home, adding more drama to the whole situation. 

The major falling point from the divorce was the family’s child care situation. Turner wanted to take her kids back to England with her, but Jonas wanted the kids to join him on tour and stay in the States. Many rumors were talking about how Jonas took away the childrens’ passports so they wouldn’t be able to leave, but this was never confirmed. 

Turner then filed a lawsuit against Jonas wanting her children back. The court finalized the case and said none of the parents could relocate their children and they need to keep living in the United States. There is more to be established around the court case with their children. Jonas and Turner are expected to have another case scheduled October 3 to deal with the childcare situation even more.