National Honors Society 2024 Induction ceremony
Morgan Wallen Arrested on Felony Charge

Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas

Halloween is a favorite holiday for many. With October 31 right around the corner, costumes and candy are being bought for the big night.

With Halloween around the corner, many people are looking for last minute costume ideas. The year of 2023 has brought many new shows and movies that can inspire what people will wear on the 31st. Whether you’re going with a group of friends, or your family, these costumes can give an idea on what to be. 

The fan-favorite childhood shows Handy Manny and Bob The Builder are simple outfits that can be reimagined to fit any kid or teen, no matter the grade or gender.

Super Mario Bros is an easy group costume because of the range of characters. This costume can be done with just Mario and Luigi, or expanded to fit more people.

Despicable Me characters including Gru, Vector, and the different minions, are easy costumes that resurface every year.

For fans of Pirates of the Caribbean, or lovers of pirates, this costume is simple and can be found in multiple stores.

With the release of the live action The Little Mermaid, a mermaid costume could be to match with Halle Bailey or the animated Ariel as well.

A classic costume, the witch is recurring each year since any age can be it. 

Ms. Johnson, a Millbrook art teacher, is a fan of scarier costumes. She says, “Every Halloween I love to see all the costumes, but my favorite would have to be a zombie. Hopefully I see a few this year!” 

The release of the Barbie movie created a new love of the childhood toy. Options for costumes could be Barbie, Ken or Allen. Barbie can also be done many different ways.

Ms. Sutton, a Millbrook special ed teacher said, “I’m a huge fan of Halloween. This year I would like to see any of the characters from Harry Potter.”

Halloween brings fun for many people. Creating a costume, and seeing what other people wear, is a major part of what makes the holiday the favorite event of October.