National Honors Society 2024 Induction ceremony
Morgan Wallen Arrested on Felony Charge
What’s The Deal With Cliffhangers?
Teachers Are Struggling, There Needs To Be Change
The Triangle’s Spring Flowers are in Bloom
Unravel the Pages: “Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe”

April 25, 2024

April 25, 2024

Marine Ecology Classes Explore the Waters

April 25, 2024

Chandler Cheating Episode Cut From Friends Show

Matthew Perry’s on-screen partner, Courtney Cox, revealed that an episode of cheating by his character “Chandler Bing”  was removed from “Friends,” all because they were afraid fans would never let the star live it down. 

Matthew Langford Perry was an American and Canadian actor, best known for his role as Chandler Bing on the NBC television sitcom “Friends.” The show follows six young men and women who live in the same apartment complex and face life and love together in Manhattan, New York City. As they’re constantly sticking their noses into each other’s business, as well as sometimes swapping romantic partners, the group always manages to find themselves in the kind of comic situations that most other people never experience, especially during breakups. The show’s timeless humor allows people of any age demographic to relate to the characters and laugh at their jokes.

Chandler Bing is loved for his perfectly timed sarcasm and relatable qualities. The character is not afraid to show his relationship struggles, personal insecurities, and career aspirations.  Ndeye Dieng, a Millbrook High School sophomore, said about the star: “I feel like the reason so many people love Chandler is because he’s funny, affable, sarcastic and a bit insecure. All those qualities make him really relatable.” 

Chandler is known for his sarcastic sense of humor and bad luck in relationships. According to a Ranker poll, Chandler Bing was voted as the second funniest tv character after Micheal Scott, played by Steve Carell, according to fandomwire.com. Matthew Perry’s recent death was an extremely emotional one. Fans are currently reminiscing on his role in the show. 

In the show he works as an executive in statistical analysis and data reconfiguration for a large, multinational corporation. Chandler hates this job, although it pays well. He eventually quits in season nine, becoming a junior copywriter at an advertising agency later that season. 

Chandler has a very interesting family being the son of an erotic novelist mother and a gay, cross-dressing Las Vegas star father. Chandler married Monica, one of his best friends, in season seven. Before his relationship with Monica, Chandler dated Janice Hosenstein in season one and subsequently broke up with her many times.

Actress Lisa Cash who also acted in the show, revealed that there was originally a plan for Chandler Bing to cheat on Monica Geller. In the 1999 episode “The One in Vegas: Part1,” Lisa’s character was supposed to bring room service to Chandler’s room after he argued with Monica in a Las Vegas hotel. The initial idea was for Chandler to develop a connection with Lisa’s character and then have an affair with her. However, this storyline was dropped after Matthew Perry convinced the producers to change it. Sophomore Kaitlin Bass, stated: “I think it would have really changed how the audience would have viewed  Chandler and made him lose a lot of fans.” 

Chandler Bing is also a great example of the “Golden Retriever Boyfriend” trend which typically involves showing the loyalty and cuteness of golden retrievers and comparing them to fictional characters that share those common qualities. Which is why it would have crushed fans of  Chandler Bing if he ever cheated on his wife Monica Geller on the show.