National Honors Society 2024 Induction ceremony
Morgan Wallen Arrested on Felony Charge
What’s The Deal With Cliffhangers?
Teachers Are Struggling, There Needs To Be Change
The Triangle’s Spring Flowers are in Bloom
Unravel the Pages: “Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe”

April 25, 2024

April 25, 2024

Marine Ecology Classes Explore the Waters

April 25, 2024

Tis the Season for Angel Trees

Angel Trees and Senior Trees have become a big part of the 2023 holiday season. These trees help bring gifts to those in need and joy to all.

The holiday season is important to many. With Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa being celebrated, many homes are getting their celebrations ready. Some families aren’t able to purchase gifts for their kids, and even senior citizens often don’t have the ability to purchase gifts for themselves. This is how the creation of Angel and Senior Trees began. 

Angel Trees are trees with kids names on them and lists of what they would like for the holiday. Senior Trees are trees with names of older people and what they would like for Christmas. The Angel Trees are organized by the Salvation army, with sites all over the United States and Canada. These trees are places in stores like Walmart and Starbucks. 

Shopping for angels and seniors has become a trend across social media sites. Influencers and people that can help others are buying gifts and necessities for the people on these trees. Shopping for these people in need has become a large part of the holiday season this year. Sophomore Jordan Davis said, “I did an angel tree with my family this year. We got a squishmallow for one of the kids, and for a baby we bought clothes. It was a lot of fun to do, and I’m happy because it is for a good cause.” 

This is a positive use of social media platforms because it is spreading a good cause. Helping those in need allows for the buyers to feel good, and the kids and seniors to get gifts for the holiday too. This is what should be shared over social media because it allows for good things to be spread for others to do as well. 

With the increase of these Angel Trees going empty, many more happy kids around the world are getting gifts for the holiday. Teacher Ms. Davis said, “Angel trees are a great way for everyone to help out families in need during the holidays.”

These holidays aren’t about gifts, but the purchase and gifting of them helps bring an extra spirit to the season. With helping families and people in need, it shows what the true meaning of this time is about, helping others and bringing the spirit to all.