Cats on The Prowl: Mason Fortune and Sydney Spainhour

The Barkley Marathons

The Barkley Marathons

Upcoming Release of Deadpool 3

Scene from the recently released Deadpool 3 trailer. The new movie features the popular X-Man, Wolverine. Photo provided by Avery Grantham

On Feb. 11, the official trailer for the long-awaited “Deadpool 3” was finally released through an ad during the Super Bowl. “Deadpool & Wolverine” is set to be released in theaters on July 26, 2024. This action comedy stars Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman as the two main characters, Wade Wilson and Wolverine.
Even though fans have been waiting for the smallest spoiler to slip through the cracks, Shawn Levy, the director of the movie told Entertainment Weekly, “I truly love my collaboration and friendship with Ryan Reynolds, and if I tell you anything, that friendship will end in murder.”
Reynolds holds to this belief of spoilers when he explains during an interview with ING, “The film is built for audience joy – and our highest hope is to preserve as much of that magic as possible for the finished film and the big screen.” The only information that has been released to the public about the movie is that while recovering from his injuries, Wolverine crosses paths with Deadpool and they team up to defeat the common enemy.
Long-time fan and student at Appalachian State University, Carolyn Bruggerman says, “I’m excited to get to see this upcoming movie, and I hope that it makes me laugh just as much as the others.” She adds, “I’m honestly not even sure what could happen in this movie, but I’m hoping to hear more about Vanessa’s character, and her story!”
With little other information being released to the public, fans are now playing the waiting game until the movie is released in theaters.