Cats on The Prowl: Mason Fortune and Sydney Spainhour

The Barkley Marathons

The Barkley Marathons

Millbrooks Annual Winterfest Extravaganza

The Winterfest rally is a key element in boosting school spirit. You can practically hear the excitement in the halls! The planning committee consisted of Mr. Kotzian and his fellow tech theater students. An early part of the planning process every year are auditions, from seniors, for the role of Emcees. This year’s Emcees were: Meg Gearing, Scott Doty, Hannah Paulson, Jared Dunn, and Mia Chiavone. 

The show began with an introduction from the Emcees, leading the audience into the first performance. The Emcee’s introduction was acting as if the talents were recreating events that happened in their dreams. Therefore, they were each wearing a collection of vibrant pajamas. 

Kaori Doughty was up first and blessed our ears with a Beyoncé cover.

Xavier Brown, Emannel Cazareyes-Diaz, and Micah Fergerson performed a cover of “Je te laisserai des mots” by Patrick Watson. 

Rowan Kindl, Nadia Stolz, Sydney Thompson, and Haley Difruscio had a unique vocal performance that contributed to the lively atmosphere of the Winterfest show.

Raina Freedman, Anderson LaRocca, Jake Todd, Nick Rivera, and Brandon Genesky had an outstanding performance as a boy musical group with a touch of rock flair. 

Millbrook’s Dance Team was a definite crowd-pleaser. Their performance showed the serious talent and dedication of the dance team along with having a combination of different songs

The long-awaited Teacher Band was interactive and had all the crowd’s attention by asking them to sing along to “Small Things” by Blink-182. 

Finally, the Teacher Dance Team was a duo performance by the heads of Millbrook’s dance department. 

Executive director of Winterfest, Danny Kotzian said, “Winterfest has always been one of the most challenging performances to produce due to the rehearsal time restraints and production venue circumstances. I am proud that our cast and crew can work together through the difficulties and live up to ‘The Show Must Go On’ mantra.  Winterfest not only honors our outstanding seniors but showcases the collaborative efforts of our production team.”