Cats on The Prowl: Mason Fortune and Sydney Spainhour

The Barkley Marathons

The Barkley Marathons

National Honors Society and Service Club Assembly

Photo+Provided+by+Ms.+Broadwell+%0AGroup+Photo+of+Teachers+and+Students+who+were+inducted+into+the+Service+Club.+Celebrating+with+friends+and+family+after+the+assembly.+
Photo Provided by Ms. Broadwell Group Photo of Teachers and Students who were inducted into the Service Club. Celebrating with friends and family after the assembly.

On the morning of April 17, Millbrook High School had an assembly honoring newly inducted National Honors Society (NHS) and Service Club members. This is the first time since COVID-19 that Millbrook has participated in this celebration in the form of an assembly.

NHS President Nick Ansbacher began the assembly by recognizing and applauding all of the students who got accepted into NHS this year. The assembly speakers then proceeded to acknowledge and award the students and teachers nominated to join the Service Club. 

The following students and teachers were inducted into the Service Club at the assembly: Ms. Cooke, Vince Barefoot, Jose Guerrero, Nick Ansbacher, Jorjoh Samba, Mr. Baron, Josiah Saravia, Ms. Yopp, Justen Taylor, Ms. Haddock, Ann Edmonson, Elise Edmonson, Riley Dunton, Michelle Hurtado, Lindsey Hockstra, Hannah Webber, and Dr. Carr.

Student inductee Riley Dunton, who was described as a kind face to new students and being full of energy explained, “I was super surprised and honored to be inducted into the Service Club, especially since it is held in such high regard.” 

Teacher inductee, Ms. Cooke, who was recognized as a teacher who is always there for her students said, “I was shocked when they called my name! Someone had to nudge me! This is better than winning an Oscar or the lottery! To know I love my school and it loves me back. I am wearing this shield forever!”

The assembly was an overall success and is a tradition that Millbrook High School hopes to keep alive.