Cats on The Prowl: Mason Fortune and Sydney Spainhour

The Barkley Marathons

The Barkley Marathons

50 Cent Replaces Chris Brown On Dreamville Festival Lineup, Sparks Mixed Reactions

J. Cole performing at Dreamville Fest

Dreamville Festival 2024 went down this weekend (April 6-7), and the lineup  received a big change. Five days before the 2024 Dreamville Festival, an announcement came out via the festival’s official Instagram account that rapper/actor/TV producer Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson was to  replace Chris Brown as the April 6 co-headliner. 

In addition, newcomer Hunxho will replace singer Muni Long. For this year’s lineup, the team initially tapped SZA and Chris Brown to headline Day 1, which has now been replaced by 50 Cent. Nicki Minaj is took e the main stage alongside J. Cole for Day 2. The change in the lineup has sparked debate online. However, fans of the annual festival continued to look forward to what they consider one big family reunion. Fans from all over the world are heading to Raleigh for the big show.

Dreamville Origin

Dreamville Festival is an outdoor weekend music celebration curated by globally acclaimed hip-hop superstar, Grammy-nominated artist, and producer J. Cole along with his Dreamville team, takes place in Raleigh each spring. For Dreamville’s global fan base, the festival is their must-attend annual event. It brings together locals and visitors to enjoy amazing musical performances in a stunning and historic public park: Dorothea Dix Park, Raleigh’s largest city park, spans over 300 acres of lush greenery. The festival, one of North Carolina’s most eagerly awaited yearly celebrations, perfectly complements Raleigh’s current event calendar and rich traditions. 

1. Cole, who grew up close by in Fayetteville, uses the festival as an annual chance to promote the unique location that influenced him to become the successful and inventive artist he is today.

Dreamville Festival, which debuted in 2018, has grown to be one of the biggest yearly occasions. 

“As a proud Black-owned music festival, Dreamville continues to emphasize community, diversity, and inclusivity throughout the onsite fan experience each spring.” -Dreamville Fest

In keeping with this same idea, J. Cole often extends invitations to his most beloved international musicians and collaborators to perform in North Carolina with some of these artists making their Raleigh debuts. Also, the festival features dozens of independently owned local businesses in addition to artists, muralists, merchants, and community organizations, giving visitors a genuine taste of what it’s like to live in Raleigh.

The Dreamville Festival has a significant and positive cultural influence on Raleigh and the surrounding areas that lasts long after the festival concludes each spring, in addition to generating millions of dollars annually for the local and North Carolina economies.