Pro-Palestinians Use College Encampment To Protest
National Honors Society 2024 Induction ceremony
Morgan Wallen Arrested on Felony Charge

Pick Your House: HOTD Teaser Trailer introduces Team Green vs. Team Black

Emerson Conigliaro
Alicent Hightower (Left) and Rhaenyra Targaryen (Right)

MAX released two new teaser trailers for season two of the “Game of Thrones” prequel, “House of the Dragon.” One of the trailers highlights “Team Green,” which features scenes from House Hightower’s perspective. The other shows “Team Black,” which lets the viewers see the Targaryen household’s side of things.

At the end of season one, Aegon Targaryen was instilled as King, even though he is the second-born of Viserys Targaryen, the previous ruler, and was never named heir. His sister, Rhaenyra Targaryen, was named as heir before their father passed away. After Viserys’s death, the Hightowers, specifically his wife, Alicent, went behind Rhaenyra and her family, and crowned her own son without notifying the rightful heir. Because of the Hightowers’ betrayal, Team Black is the house that deserves the support of the fans.

One fan who shares this opinion is Mr. Davis, one of the art teachers here at Millbrook. He told Cat Talk that he is Team Black, obviously, because he sides with the rightful heir, but on top of that, he says, “I just root for chaos, and the Targaryens do chaos best.” 

Another avid viewer of the show is Aggie Alford. She is also siding with the Targaryens because of the politics involved, and believes Team Black is in the right in this situation. She told Cat Talk, “Rhaenyra’s rightful crown got taken from her by someone who will be a terrible ruler. On top of that, her son has just been killed by Team Green, so I am definitely standing behind the Targaryens.” 

As you can see, the Targaryen household deserves all the support from the fans going into this next season. Alford also says, “The trailers were exciting and I can’t wait to see all the dragon fire and hopefully see Team Black on top this season!” 

Fingers crossed MAX will give fans a full trailer in the coming weeks, but for now, we will anxiously await the release of the first episode on June 16, 2024!