Becoming a YouTube Celebrity

This iconic logo has shaped the ways of entertainment. You can easily become apart of this industry with just a few clicks.

https://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/youtube.jpg

Kayla Mercer, Staff Reporter

Ever heard of Latoya Forever, Tyler Oakley or maybe even Kingsley? These three people have all reached stardom because of Youtube. Most YouTubers all  have a similar story of how they became who they are as the day they decided to post a funny video. Yes, that may be the case, but there is much more behind the scenes action that goes into becoming popular on YouTube. Those many aspects of Youtubing will all play a part in your in success.

You should start off with the basics. Begin by creating a channel where your videos and information will be stored. For starters, you need to make a brand of yourself. Having a header made to be displayed on your profile or even a logo you create will help get your name out across various social media platforms. Now for equipment, a camera or even the camera off off your webcam or computer could do the trick. Now that you have the basics, you can make your video.

Once you have gained views, the overflow of high demands of more frequent videos will come. Then, once you have gotten used to the flow of YouTubing, many begin to up their equipment and editing software. Knowing what type of content you want in your videos will help you know what type of people you will draw in. These people will end up being your subscribers. Once you have built up your YouTube channel, you could do many things, like partner up with companies to build up your views and possibly make profit. Once you begin YouTubing regularly, you will make a percentage of money based on the number of views you get or even your number of likes.  You also can make extra money by advertising for different companies and their products in various ways during your video.

YouTube is known to be a platform where many people voice their opinions on certain topics. Doing so, YouTubers like HartBeat have ended up being on panels during events like the infamous Vidcon. Vidcon is where the people from YouTube, and even other places like Vine, meet for a big convention.  YouTubing can also become a great place for networking. Junior Jehda White said, “I think YouTube will ultimately open doors for people because you never know who could be watching and could give you that job that you always wanted.” YouTubing is a great way to get to your dream job just by being yourself or doing your hobbies such as DIY activities or even makeup.

Becoming a YouTuber may have its challenges, but its everlasting effect is life changing.  Freshman Otto Majtenyi said, “I feel like becoming big on YouTube is a lot like being an entrepreneur because if you have a good and funny and original idea and work hard, eventually people will see it and find it funny, but sometimes you will mess up.” Being a YouTuber can become a job once you put your mind to it.YouTube can be more than just a source of entertainment; it is a great opportunity for everyone.