Shoot’n to see Annie Get Your Gun

The cast members of Annie Get Your Gun pose for pictures before their first show. Annie Get Your Gun premieres tonight, April 14, at 6pm.

Wyatt Ferguson

Wyatt Ferguson

Logan Powers, Staff Reporter

The Millbrook High School Drama Department is ecstatic to perform Annie Get Your Gun, which opens tonight. Practices have been held for the past few months, and the cast and the crew have worked vigorously putting this great production together. In the spring musical we meet Annie Oakley being portrayed by Gabby Goodman. Gabby is a junior who is thrilled to be in the show. She said, “The show overall is a classic, down to the root, musical theater show. I think people will enjoy it. I think people will laugh, I think people will be like ‘oh, I remember that song’… everyone will have a great time. It’s a very interesting, very old and classic show.”

Through the show we follow Annie who gets invited join Colonel Buffalo Bill’s (played by David Thomas) wild west show and travel the world! Once Annie is inducted into the show, it does not take long for her to become smitten with Frank Butler (played by Carson Weddle) the headliner for the show. Annie soon eclipses Frank as the main attraction in the show, making Frank jealous and ending their romance. Throughout the story there are countless comedy quips, but there are also moments of seriousness between the shootouts and the wild west musical numbers. Annie Get Your Gun is looking to be a big hit at Millbrook.

Just as the cast of the show has been working hard to produce this play, so has the crew. Anna Thomson is the assistant stage manager of the show who has helped with the behind the scenes magic that happens in the production. Anna said, “I was a little skeptical of the show to begin with, but as we are going through it, I am liking it more and more!” Together the cast and crew have put in hours upon hours of time and it all has paid off. They would like to express their thanks to Mr.Kotzian who is the director of the show, as well as Ms.Oliver, Mr.Adams, and Ms.Patterson for the support they have been giving them throughout the production. The show lasts from April 14-16, starting at 7pm each night. Tickets are $5 for students and $12 for parents. Make sure to check out Annie Get Your Gun this weekend only at Millbrook High School!