Smartphone by Google may be the best yet

techtimes.com

Revolutionizing the smartphone business, the new Pixel smartphone entirely made by Google has one of the top rated cameras smartphones have ever seen. There are many more features to this phone than just the camera.

Alex McCloskey, Section Editor

Tired of recalls on Samsung phones and updates on iPhones? Then your answer may be the new Google Pixel phone. With even more features than phones prior to it, Google’s Pixel may just be the best yet. There are two sizes of the phone: the normal size which is 5” and the Pixel XL which is 5.5” in length. Freshman Destiny Cordova states, “I think having the phone come in two sizes is good for preferences. It is also super resourceful with how many features it has to offer.”

The Pixel has features such as customizable cases, unlimited cloud storage for photos and videos, a battery that lasts for seven hours with a fifteen minute charge, built-in Google Assistant, and the highest rated smartphone camera at 12MP. The storage for both the Pixel and Pixel XL is 32GB or 128GB depending on what you pay. The normal Pixel costs $649 with 32GB and $749 with 128GB. The Pixel XL costs $769 for 32GB and $869 for 128GB. Sophomore Evan Charles says, “The fact that I will be able to take as many photos and videos as I want with the phone is awesome.” The Pixel comes in quite black, very silver, and really blue. This next generation phone was also built for virtual reality, making it more unique and set apart from other smartphones.

The virtual reality headset is a hugely hyped feature of the Pixel. Though it is bought separately from the actual phone, you just drop your phone in, close the latch, then you are ready to use it. There is a daydream controller that comes with the headset. Hidden inside of the controller are a lot of sensors that respond to how you move, resulting in precise virtual reality.

The new phone was preorderable as of October 4. It will be released in stores on October 20. A lot of videos have already been released of the phone being used. Google has stepped up their game with this, and Pixel may just be the next most popular smartphone chain!