Haunted houses are fast approaching this fall season

panicpointnc.com

Preparing for the fall season, Panic Point gets people into the Halloween spirit. Millbrook students are planning on going to haunted tours in the Raleigh and surrounding area.

Alex McCloskey, Section Editor

Calling all scare lovers! There are many exhilarating activities and events that go on during the fall season. Haunted houses are one of the prime activities of amusement for anyone seeking excitement in their free time. The Halloween spirit spreads to all corners of Raleigh and surrounding areas as haunted attractions begin to approach. Junior Adam Wenzel says, “My experience with the Clayton Fear Farm last year was both a really good and bad one. I was getting into the spirit, but was also getting scared.”

North Carolina haunted houses, such as Panic Point in Youngsville and the Clayton Fear Farm, are enjoyed by many residents in the Raleigh area. Even haunted tours, such as the Woods of Terror on Church Street in Greensboro, the Stoney Point Trail of Terror in Fayetteville, and the Harvested Farm Nightmares in Garner, are visited by people living in Raleigh every fall. In the Harvested Farm Nightmares haunted tour, visitors will actually enter through overgrown forestry and eventually enter a cornfield, where they are spooked by actors. The Stoney Point Trail of Terror treats its visitors to a stage performance before launching into the actual foot tour. Millbrook students, such as junior Connor Root, say that they plan to attend these events with friends throughout the fall season. “I plan on buying tickets early to go to Panic Point for a cheaper price than what they would cost later,” explains junior Connor Root. Touring through these attractions around Halloween truly gets people into the Halloween spirit.

These tours are for any thrill seeking, horror lovers out there. They are stepping up their thrills each year. The Woods of Terror on Church Street was named one of America’s best haunts in 2013. The fall season around Halloween is the only opportunity to be able to visit these attractions, and they rely on your desire for thrills. Local amusement and excitement are just around the corner, so step to it! Visit raleighhauntedhouses.com for more information, such as prices, dates, and more. Make sure to include the thrills of some of these haunted attractions in your fall pleasures!