How To

Valentine’s Day

maxpixel.freegreatpicture.com

There are many things that need to make your Valentine’s Day perfect. You might think that you have everything ready, but choosing what to do out of all the possibilities is challenging.

Logan Powers, Photography Editor

With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, it is time to start thinking about what you can do on the most romantic night of the year. There are numerous places around the Triangle to go on a date, but some of the most popular places are major shopping malls or in the more urban downtown area. Finding the best thing for you to do on Valentine’s Day with your special someone is hard, but here are some steps to help made everything easier.

The first step is to begin planning what you think will be best for the two of you. This can be anything from going to the movies together or just enjoying each other’s company, but planning the date will help you make sure everything runs smoothly on this special night. After asking students at Millbrook their opinion of what they would like to do for Valentine’s Day, it was agreed that more than half the students wanted to go out to eat, and a majority of the others wanted to go on some sort of adventure. If you want go to go dinner, it is hard to find a good place that is not going to be too expensive. Restaurants like Angus Barn or Firebirds may be a little too expensive, but places like Bonefish Grille or Coquette (both at North Hills) are still close by and nice enough for a date night. If you are looking for more of an adventure, then look at going somewhere fun and exciting. Some possibilities of things to do is going King’s Bowling Alley at North Hills, or finding a cool restaurant downtown like Beasley’s Chicken and Honey or Chuck’s. Anything can turn into a fun date, as long as you are open to the new idea. One possibility is going to the Dorothea Dix Park to view the Raleigh skyline.  From the top of the hill that the old hospital rests on, you can see the entire city’s shining lights.

Step two is finding the perfect gift for each other. Traditionally, roses and chocolates are the go-to Valentine’s Day gifts, but those gifts are not special to the relationship. Every relationship is different, and flowers and chocolates are not always the best gift for you. Gifts need to be something more heartfelt and meaningful to the two of you. Do not ditch the flower and chocolates yet though. Junior Kelly Garrett said, “I’m a fan of sentimental stuff and cute little gifts. A pair of cute socks or a tiny little necklace that had a symbol that means something…then a thing of her favorite candy.” Small gifts like a photo of the two of you, or a handwritten letter do not cost a lot and are heartfelt items sure to be remembered.

The final step is to relax and have a good time. If you are having a double date, or you are just out with your special someone, the most important thing for you to do is have fun and enjoy your time with the other person. No matter what you do or where you go, make sure to have a fantastic night together.