American Idol is Returning

commons.wikimedia.org

Advertising the famous talent show will bring many new contestants to the table and bring families together as they cheer on and vote for their favorite performers. As season sixteen premieres, ABC will be the new home for American Idol.

Taylor Jones, Staff Reporter

Aaaaaand action! Who would have thought that American Idol would come back after its 2016 “Farewell Season?” ABC is the new home for the popular reignited talent show, and they hope that their fans will enjoy and be inspired by the contestants. Ryan Seacrest, the well-liked host, is returning for the 2018 season. As the new season of American Idol brings spectacular talent and various participants, it also brings three new judges. Country music star Luke Bryan, legendary singer-songwriter Lionel Richie, and pop music sensation Katy Perry are extremely eager to give their honest opinions to young performers and help them make what they believed were their wildest dreams come true. Each of the judges will bring an amazing opportunity to each and every performer because of their effort, expertise, and successful past and predicted future.

As Ryan Seacrest’s fifteenth year of hosting American Idol is underway, he will face a tiring challenge. As just being named the permanent co-host for Live! With Kelly, and rejoining American Idol, he will need to travel from the East to West coast multiple times a week. Live! With Kelly is filmed in New York City whereas American Idol is filmed in Hollywood. Seacrest shared with Kelly that he wanted the show to come back on and now that it has, he is super excited. Seacrest is categorized as topnotch to many people, and since he is wanted on two popular shows, he will have to find time in his already busy schedule to fly back and forth all over the country twice a week. We will see how this turns out this coming spring!

As fans of American Idol wait patiently for the season premiere, they can expect three cutting-edge, very passionate judges, returning Ryan Seacrest, and aspiring contestants with unique talent. American Idol fanatics sit tight and wait for another big star to win like Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Scotty McCreery and many more. Sophomore Amber Parker, when asked what her favorite part about American Idol is, she responded, “My favorite part is getting to watch all of the talented contestants grow as singer. I’m so excited that it’s coming back!” Stay tuned on channel ABC during the spring of 2018 to see who is “Going to Hollywood!”