Creative Cats

Lauren Braswell

Working+hard+both+on+and+off+the+court+is+something+senior+Lauren+Braswell+knows+all+too+well.+Even+though+you+normally+find+her+holding+a+basketball%2C+Lauren+has+many+talents+to+showcase+behind+the+scenes.+

L. Powers

Working hard both on and off the court is something senior Lauren Braswell knows all too well. Even though you normally find her holding a basketball, Lauren has many talents to showcase behind the scenes.

Logan Powers, Design Editor

An exceptional student, a wonderful friend, and an amazing player are all words that can be used to describe senior Lauren Braswell. As both a player on the Varsity Women’s Basketball team and a member of the MHS Digital Media Career Academy (DMCA), Lauren is a well-rounded student who truly does have it all. Lauren is a member of the National Achievers Society,  a Kappa Scholar, and a State Champ in basketball as well. “I take it day by day,” she said, “I write a lot down because it’s nearly impossible to remember everything I have to accomplish.”

Though she can be seen most often on the court, Lauren has many ties to the digital arts. While in the DMCA, Lauren has had the opportunity to complete a student internship with the athletics program and help make the Morning Growl at the same time. Through all of her work, she has never lost sight of what she loves most about digital media: photography. As one of her responsibilities in her internship, and a hobby she likes to practice with any spare time she has, photography has given Lauren a chance to capture the special moments in her life. “You can never go back in time to replay a moment or live it again. But to have a visual representation is the next best thing, and a photo speaks 1000 words,” she said, “I wish could use pictures on all the essays I have to write.”

Next semester, you can catch “ya girl Lo,” as Lauren is known by her friends, on the Morning Growl as a regular anchor. After spending four years with her fellow digital media members, Lauren is ready to face the new challenges a mini news show can bring. She is especially looking forward to being in control of what goes on with the Morning Growl and having the chance to make a difference in her school. When asked if she had any last words to say to the student body, Lauren said, “Try saying smile without smiling. Ha! Made you smile!”