Jump-starting your high school bucket list

Checking+off+everything+on+your+bucket+list+seems+like+a+hard+task%2C+but+what+about+accomplishing+your+high+school+bucket+list%3F+This+kind+of+bucket+list+includes+everything+you+wish+to+accomplish+throughout+your+high+school+career.+

flickr.com

Checking off everything on your bucket list seems like a hard task, but what about accomplishing your high school bucket list? This kind of bucket list includes everything you wish to accomplish throughout your high school career.

Logan Powers, Design Editor

Spending four years with the same students, same teachers, and same staff can sometimes feel boring beyond belief. How can this be when there are so many experiences to be had within the halls of Millbrook? Some students stay stuck in their bedroom or behind their phone screen all four years, but why do that when you can accomplish your own high school bucket list?  An idea that is gaining popularity is having a high school bucket list with everything you wish to accomplish through your four years. For a general idea about what this list may look like, here are some Millbrook bucket list ideas!

Let us start with an obvious and cliche idea: going to a MHS Football Game. Yes, there are other sporting events that you can attend to experience a similar atmosphere, but nothing is like a stadium mid-game! Even if football is not your forte, the real experience here is spending time with your friends and being a part of the crowd. One of the most energizing experiences comes from participating in the traditions the crowd does. This experience is one everyone in every friend group can enjoy, and one that can boost your school spirit!

Some other fun ideas include throwing a party with your 100 closest friends, pull an all nighter (it is bound to happen if it has not already), or getting over 1000 followers on social media. More serious ideas include joining a protest/march, or even getting straight A’s. One unique thing on senior Angel Osuagwu’s bucket list is to “throw a big girls only slumber party at my house and stay up all night watching Get Out.” The possibilities of what you can do are endless; all it takes is some creativity and some time well spent!

For some people, the aspect of taking time out of your life to complete a bucket list seems impossible. This is where Millbrook’s Middle Years Program comes in handy. The MYP program gives students the chance to accomplish items on their high school bucket list they may not have the time to accomplish otherwise. Maybe you are trying to arrange a big fundraising event for a foundation that means something to you, or you want to learn a new skill; this program gives you the time to do what you want and a reason to get it done! With a new found way to accomplish everything on your bucket list, and new ideas for what you would like to do, what is the first thing you are going to do on your high school bucket list?