‘Tis the season to be balling

goodfreephotos.com

Playing in Oracle Arena, the Golden State Warriors battle against the Minnesota Timberwolves. The Warriors take on the Cleveland Cavaliers on Christmas Day, in a rematch of the past 3 years NBA Finals.

Seraphin Kibonge, Social Media Editor

For most students, winter break is a time for relaxation: no teachers, no exams, and no homework. For other students, winter break is a time to watch all the sports you possibly can. Without further ado, here are some high-profile sporting events to keep you entertained over winter break.

NBA: Christmas Day

12:00 pm (ESPN)

76ers vs. NY Knicks

3:30pm (ABC)

Cavs vs. Warriors

8:00 pm (ABC)

Rockets vs. Thunder

Starting with the NBA, there are three games that are sure to keep your interest. Starting at noon, there is the battle between two young teams in the Eastern Conference, with Kristaps Porzingis taking on Joel “The Process” Embiid. The highlight of the day will come at 3:30pm, where Kevin Durant and the reigning champs, Golden State, take on Lebron James and the Cavaliers in another chapter of their rivalry. Later on, you will see the reigning MVP, Russell Westbrook, and the MVP runner-up, James Harden, go to battle on which team is a bigger threat to Golden State’s throne. The NBA never fails to deliver on Christmas Day.

NCAA:  New York 6 Bowl Games (all on ESPN)

Dec 29

Cotton Bowl (Ohio State vs. USC) 8:30pm

Dec 30

Fiesta Bowl (Washington vs. Penn State) 4pm

Orange Bowl (Miami vs. Wisconsin) 8pm

January 1

Peach Bowl (Auburn vs. UCF) 12:30pm

Jan 1 Semifinal Playoff Games

Rose Bowl (Georgia vs. Oklahoma) 5pm

Sugar Bowl (Alabama vs. Clemson) 8:45pm

In college football, the teams awarded with a New York Six bowl berth are typically highly rated and deserving of their bowl game. This year is no different. Kicking off on December 29 is the Cotton Bowl, with two powerhouses, the Ohio State Buckeyes and the USC Trojans, taking the field against each other. On December 30, four teams will take the field. At 4pm, the Fiesta Bowl kicks off, pitting former playoff member Washington and Saquon Barkley’s Nittany Lions. Then, Turnover Chain U takes on the Wisconsin Badgers at 8pm. Finally, on New Year’s Day, the second annual CFB Playoff begins at 5pm, with Georgia taking on Heisman winner Baker Mayfield’s Sooners. Lastly, is the rematch of the past two National Championships. The Tigers of Clemson take on the Alabama Crimson Tide, to settle the score once and for all. The game starts at 8pm, and you do not want to miss it.

NFl: Week 17 (Season Finale) Dec 30-31

Dec 31

Panthers vs. Falcons 1pm

Jaguars vs. Titans TBA

Onto the NFL, where week 17 means matchups between teams vying for a spot in the playoffs. On New Year’s Eve, the Panthers take on the Falcons in a battle for NFC South supremacy, while the Jaguars take on the Titans, the Titans possible last chance at making the playoffs.

Winter break is a time to enjoy your newfound free time, enjoy it with some games. ‘Tis the season to be balling, and I hope you do not miss out.