Preparing for a month of new entertainment

www.WikimediaCommons.com

Preparing for the rest of an exciting sixteenth season, many viewers tuned in to watch the first episode of American Idol since its return. This season is filled with many talented singers who are excited to share their voices with anyone who will listen

Jillian Brookshire, Staff Reporter

The month of March is filled with many fun events such as St. Patrick’s Day. However, March is also a big month for the entertainment industry. Many new TV shows will premiere and various well-known and beloved TV shows are starting up again. With many producers gearing up for this big month of premiers, be sure to keep a close lookout for new shows you want to watch!

For those of you who crave a good mystery show, the Hulu original show Hard Sun premiered on March 7. The show is based in a pre-apocalyptic time and is about two detectives living in modern day London. Although the two detectives are polar opposites, they must work together to fight crime in their city.

A new drama that premiered on ABC at 10 P.M. on March 11 is called Deception. In the show, master illusionist Cameron Black joins forces with the FBI to crack some of the most difficult cases. However, this show has quite a bit of comic relief, as Cameron is a very witty character, which makes the show even better than it already is. Stay tuned to the ABC network to watch this master of magic in action!

One of the most talked about TV shows in recent history also premiered on March 11. After saying there would never be another episode, American Idol premiered with Season 16 on Sunday night on ABC at 8 P.M. With the announcement of the show’s return, sophomore Meghan Sielaty said, “It was the show that my family and I watched together when I was younger. I have a lot of emotional connection with that show and I am thrilled for its return.” This year, the talent on the show is undeniably amazing, and the panel of judges is made up of four excellent artists in the music industry. These artists are Katy Perry, Lionel Richie, Luke Bryan, and, of course, the amazing host Ryan Seacrest. If you love watching truly talented people do what they love, this season of American Idol is definitely for you!

For those of you who love action shows and superheroes, season one of Krypton might be the perfect new TV show for you. This show follows the Man of Steels’ grandfather, Krypton, as he decides whether to save his home planet from destruction or to let it be destroyed so he can save the fate of his future grandson that we know as Superman. For a show packed with action and your favorite Marvel characters, tune in to the Syfy network on Wednesday, March 21 for its season one premiere.

Lastly, a show that many of you have heard of is returning to the spotlight on ABC Network at 8:00 PM on March 27. The beloved show Roseanne will premiere season ten after ending in 1997. Although many years have passed, the original cast will bring back this wonderful sitcom filled with laughter will soon be front and center on your TV screens.

March is definitely a huge month for entertainment. A few other shows that will be having their season one premieres this month are The Mechanism premiering on March 23 on Netflix, Splitting Up: Together premiering on March 27 at 9:30 P.M. on ABC, Alex Inc. premiering on Wednesday March 28 on ABC at 8:30 P.M., and Siren premiering Thursday March 29 at 8:00 P.M. on Freeform. If you love watching TV as much as I do, you will definitely keep an eye out for these shows and many more.