Coach East fired

Created by Coach East’s fans, the logo for #JusticeForEast was created to protest the firing of beloved teacher Coach East. He was fired due to threats to students and assigning unconstitutional projects.

L. Conoly

Sydney Smith and Laura Conoly

After a long career as a Millbrook teacher, Coach East has been fired. Multiple students have come forward with threats from Coach East saying they will be “ghetto stomped,” a common phrase in his classroom. Freshman Joel Smith commented, “After asking Coach East to repeat the notes, he said he would drop kick me out the window, scariest moment of my life.” Smith is not alone. Several other students in East’s Civics and Economics classes have reported similar incidents. However, the threats are not the only reason he is being fired. He has also assigned both depressing and mortifying projects. Sophomore Bailey Richard said, “Completing a project that required me to plan living costs according to a teacher salary made me genuinely worried about Coach East’s safety; no wonder he is so crazy.” His colleagues are shocked and promising justice. For this reason, his fans will be holding a protest the day the student body returns from spring break. #JusticeForEast