Coach East fired

Created by Coach East’s fans, the logo for #JusticeForEast was created to protest the firing of beloved teacher Coach East. He was fired due to threats to students and assigning unconstitutional projects.

L. Conoly

Sydney Smith and Laura Conoly

After a long career as a Millbrook teacher, Coach East has been fired. Multiple students have come forward with threats from Coach East saying they will be “ghetto stomped,” a common phrase in his classroom. Freshman Joel Smith commented, “After asking Coach East to repeat the notes, he said he would drop kick me out the window, scariest moment of my life.” Smith is not alone. Several other students in East’s Civics and Economics classes have reported similar incidents. However, the threats are not the only reason he is being fired. He has also assigned both depressing and mortifying projects. Sophomore Bailey Richard said, “Completing a project that required me to plan living costs according to a teacher salary made me genuinely worried about Coach East’s safety; no wonder he is so crazy.” His colleagues are shocked and promising justice. For this reason, his fans will be holding a protest the day the student body returns from spring break. #JusticeForEast

Sydney Smith, News Editor

Hey, I'm Sydney! I'm a junior here at Millbrook, and this is my second year on the Cat Talk staff. Aside from newspaper, I'm committed to volunteer work...

Laura Conoly, Editor-In-Chief

Hey guys! First of all, thank you so much for visiting the Cat Talk website! My name is Laura Conoly, I am an IB Senior, and I am your Editor-in-Chief...

1 Comment

One Response to “Coach East fired”

1. Michael Pasca on April 1st, 2018 2:03 pm

Coach East was an incredible teacher who truly cared about his students despite being very mean and scary. I always knew he and the red bag of courage would protect us against any natural disaster or project and will not stand to see him leave Millbrook.

• Coach East fired

Kevin Hart steps down as Oscar host

• Coach East fired

Commemorating George H. W. Bush

• Coach East fired

Increasing amount of hate atrocities

• Coach East fired

Are high school relationships worth it?

• Coach East fired

Undocumented immigrant in Durham is arrested

• Coach East fired

Gum galore!

• Coach East fired

Body found believed to be missing NC girl

• Coach East fired

Laura Riddick back with a BANG!

• Coach East fired

One hundred years apart, but so similar

• Coach East fired

Discussing the controversy of Thanksgiving

Coach East fired