The Adventures of Black Panther coming soon

Coming in 2019, the new television series Black Panther, brings a new twist to the Marvel superhero. This show will feature an all white cast with the main character, T’Challa, played as Matt Damon.

commons.wikimedia.org

commons.wikimedia.org

commons.wikimedia.org

The blockbuster Marvel film, Black Panther, is receiving a new makeover. Marvel has announced a new television series, The Adventures of Black Panther, with a planned release of late 2019. Marvel plans on keeping Ryan Coogler on board as director, and the rest of the film crew the same, but plan on changing other things according to the film crew.

In response to the critics of the all-black cast of the Marvel blockbuster, Black Panther, Marvel decided to replace current actors with white performers for the television series. The Adventures of Black Panther will be jam packed with big stars, such as Matt Damon starring as T’Challa, Eminem playing Killmonger, Reese Witherspoon as Lupita, Anne Hathaway as Shuri, Sylvester Stallone playing as Klaue, and Arnold Schwarzenegger as M’baku. The show is scheduled to premiere in late 2019. The location of the film is also seeing a change, as Wakanda will not be the home of the Black Panther, but rather Scandinavia will be.

Marvel CEO, Christian Roberts, explained his reasoning for creating the new series: “I believe that white people were extremely unrepresented in the original film. I received an overwhelming amount of negative feedback and backlash from the public, so I’m making it up to them.” In order to avoid outrage from the minority community, Roberts decided to include Denzel Washington in the cast; he will play Everett K. Rose in the series.

The cast, and Marvel, are amped for the release of their new show. Creators are anticipating an audience reaction comparable to that of Black Panther itself. Critics are calling it the next Birth of a Nation (1915) in terms of impact. Stand-by to witness this monumental debut.

Seraphin Kibonge, Social Media Editor

Hey readers! I'm Seraphin Kibonge, also known as @The_GreatSK on twitter,  and I am back to show you the beauty of my writing. Stay on this profile and...

Mikayla Davis, Co Editor-in-Chief

Hey, readers. Welcome to the Cat Talk! My name is Mikayla Davis, and I was born and raised in Raleigh. I am eighteen years old and currently an IB senior...

London Gardner, Photography/Ads Editor

Hey everyone! My name is London, and I am a second year staff member. I joined newspaper because I like writing, and I thought it would be fun to share...