How Millbrook students can help families during the holidays

Posing+for+a+final+picture+together%2C+MEB+officers+stand+with+Millbrook+principal+Dana+King+and+the+principal+of+Jones+Senior+High+School+after+a+day+helping+their+community.+MEB+along+with+SGA+officers+traveled+to+Jones+County+to+deliver+donated+items+to+those+in+need+after+Hurricane+Florence.+You+can+help+your+community+also+by+donating+to+the+food+drive+at+Millbrook+to+help+feed+families+during+the+holidays.+

Posing for a final picture together, MEB officers stand with Millbrook principal Dana King and the principal of Jones Senior High School after a day helping their community. MEB along with SGA officers traveled to Jones County to deliver donated items to those in need after Hurricane Florence. You can help your community also by donating to the food drive at Millbrook to help feed families during the holidays.

R. Jones

R. Jones

R. Jones

Taylor Jones, Entertainment Editor

Thanksgiving and the fall season altogether is a time generally spent with family and friends. Kicking back and relaxing with family members and eating a bellyful of food is the best part of fall break. Although this is a tradition for many, families in our community and in the world are unable to enjoy a hot cooked Thanksgiving meal. It is a sad thought, but it is true; many families living in poverty are unable to afford a turkey and all the fixings. But there is some good news to lighten up this sad situation; You can help! You as a Millbrook Wildcat living in Raleigh, North Carolina, can help families living around the world have the Thanksgiving of their dreams.

Recently, the officers of MEB and SGA joined forces to set up a donation drive after the record-breaking destruction of Hurricane Florence. They established a partnership with Jones County Senior High School in Jones County, North Carolina. There were over 6,000 items donated to a county that had been destroyed after the storm. From food to cleaning supplies, Millbrook had it all covered. Students gave to this donation drive in order to help the affected families get back on their feet.

Now that the Hurricane Florence Donation Drive is over, Millbrook is taking part in the North Carolina Food Drive. These donations will go to the Food Bank in North Carolina and will help feed families all over our state during the holidays. Hurricane Florence still leaves a heavy burden on millions of people, and donating to the Food Drive will help them enjoy some good food this Thanksgiving and holiday season.

If you are looking for an easy and efficient way to help your community, donate to the Millbrook High Food Drive. Why not donate some of that loose change in your pocket from buying your lunch? Student body treasurer Melissa Schroder said, “In my opinion, donating to the food drive is really important because it allows you to engage with and help a larger community of people. It gives each individual the power to help others and have an impact on problems that affect the entire world.” As you think about your family during the holidays, and see how lucky you are, think of those who may not be as fortunate and how donating even just a little can change their life.

Donate money and non-perishable food items, such as rice, beans, peanut butter, pasta, crackers, and baby formula, to your English class. The English class that donates the most will get a prize. But hurry, the Food Drive ends Tuesday, November 20! C’mon Wildcats, listen to Melissa and donate!

Taylor Jones, Entertainment Editor

Hey y'all! My name is Taylor, and I am junior. This is my second year on the Cat Talk staff. I am the Student Body Secretary at Millbrook this year, and...