Patriots Win the Super Bowl

Patriots Win the Super Bowl

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady prepares a pass towards his receivers during the NFL season. Brady, as well as the rest of his team, scored a total of 13 points to put them on top in order to be titled the 53rd Super Bowl Champions.

wikimediacommons.org

wikimediacommons.org

wikimediacommons.org

Grayson McClendon, Sports Editor

For the past couple of years, the Eagles, Broncos, and Patriots have come out on top for the annual Super Bowl. This year the Rams and Patriots battled it out in the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia, for the title of the 53rd Super Bowl Champion. Last night, with a final score of 13-3, the New England Patriots took home the title of the 53rd Super Bowl Champions. This is their sixth win, as they also took home the title in 2002, 2004, 2005, 2015, and 2017. MVP Julian Edelman led the team to victory, as well as quarterback Tom Brady. Junior Thomas Fasano said, “I knew the New England Patriots would win because they have the greatest player of all time, Tom Brady, and the greatest coach, Bill Belichick, not to mention Gronk and Edelman to catch dimes from Brady and get yards.”

The Patriots’ win was a sure outcome of their amazing defense. Cornerback Stephon Gilmore ensured the team’s win with his amazing interception in the fourth quarter. As well as the great plays from both the offense and the defense, head coach Bill Belichick did exactly what he needed to do to come out on top. While having a pretty successful season, Belichick knew that they were going to have to step up their game in order to overcome the Rams.

The game started off slow, with a score of 3-0 at halftime from a Patriots’ conversion. During halftime, Maroon 5 headlined with Big Boi and Travis Scott following. After putting on a great performance, the Rams ended the third quarter with a score of 3-3, after a conversion to tie the game.  After a touchdown in the fourth, this year’s Super Bowl broke records. It was the lowest scoring game and had no touchdowns in the first three quarters.

Many believed the Rams would come out on top this year, but after the win last Sunday, it was obvious that the Patriots had this game in the bag. Although the Rams have had a success this year, no one can underestimate the power of the Patriots.

Grayson McClendon, Sports and Social Media Editor

Hey y'all! I'm Grayson, and I'm SO excited that I am returning to write for the Cat Talk! In school, I am currently a part of Varsity Cheerleading, the...